web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Daniela Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to connect US Robotics’ Conference Link CS1000 to out Norstar DR5 Telephone system, but I’m not able to hear dial tone through it. Can someone help me with this issue?
Thanks

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
I believe the CS1000 is an analog speakerphone. The Norstar is digital. You are going to need to hook up an analog terminal adapter to a spare port and then hook the speakerphone to that.

[Linked Image]
Daniela Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it says in manual that this speakerphone is analog, but I thought that Nortel is analog too. Can you recommended some analog terminal adapter ?
One more think. I can see now in manual that says “do not connect on multi-line system” I guess this is multi-line system. What I should do about this issue? Should I set deducible line ? how to do that?

Thanks a bunch for your help

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Contact your vendor or a vendor like [email protected] in chicago and have him put in an ATA (analog terminal adapter) and plug in your conf phone and away you go. Good Luck

You will need a Analog terminal adapter (ATA) made specifically for the Norstar. It will then need to be programmed for your particular setup. Multi-line makes no difference if the Norstar is configured correctly. I suggest you contact a vendor in your area.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Admin
Admin
You need a Nortel ATA. It is built for Nortel. It will convert a digital port to analog. You will have an extension number that you can dial to the speakerphone and as far as outbound you can dial a trunk access code to get an outside line or have it programmed to automatically pick a line when going offhooh.

[Linked Image]
Daniela Offline OP
OP Offline
I have to call our vendors. There is no change to purchase this Analog Terminal Adapter by myself and install it? There is a lot of tech programming for installation?

Thanks,

My advice would be to call a professional telephone person who knows how to put in this ATA. If you want to waste alot of time & possibly money--I guess you can try to do it yourself. I work with many companies that have 2 & 3 full-time IT guys on site---and THEY would not attempt this---but if you feel that you need to do this--then go ahead. Good Luck. Tell us how everything turns out.

Daniela Offline OP
OP Offline
You are right I should call professionals to take care of this issue. Just one more question. If I purchase digital speakerphone instead, do I need to program it also (is it easy programming which everyone can do it or I should to call vendors too) or I need just to plug it in the telephone jack?
Thanks all for your help

It really depends on how your system is set up. You may be lucking enough to plug in a digital Norstar conference phone and everything works fine (dial 9 for an outside line etc.)

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024