web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
suntel Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a copper NAM Ver 4.04a on an 824 DR 5.1. I have just finished adding the monitor package which works great. I have installed the Nortel NIC (3COM) card in the NAM so I can program via network using Voice Mail Manager but the system doesn't seem to recognize any of the drivers that came on the floppy (also 3COM drivers). i already checked the hard drive and there are no NIC card drivers on it. I don't know what i might be doing wrong and I can't find any documentation at all on adding a NIC card. Anybody ever do this before and can help me out would be greatly apreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

If this is a Nortel card and diskette, the floopy should be bootable. So that when you turn on the voice mail it loads the drivers automatically.

If you just have a disk with driver's sorry can't help you.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
PM sent

suntel Offline OP
OP Offline
still having problems trying to install this NIC. i can configure the NIC card and it looks like it takes but then when the system is reboot it hangs. it's acting like an IRQ conflict. does anyone know how to display existing IRQ assignments in OS2? there is no CMOS/BIOS display for IRQ's. not sure how to display and reassign IRQ's.

suntel Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's some more info for anyone who can help. There aren't any dip switches in my NAM. There are 8 card slots and the first slot is not a full ISA slot. I have tried removing the IBM parallel port driver in MPTS but the NAM reboots itself continually w/o this driver until it is re-installed. I have a 3COM ISA 3C509B NIC card. When the NIC card is configured for IRQ 9 the NAM locks up. trying to access any feature code from the phone results in an "inactive feature" display. The mouse moves on the desktop of the NAM but won't open anything. When an RMVIEW is done to display resources on the NAM nothing is using IRQ 9 but IRQ 2 says "PCI pin = none flag = exclusive PIC_1". I know that in newer OS2 machines IRQ 2 and IRQ 9 are linked but I don't know if the use of IRQ 2 in this machine has anything to do with the problem

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024