web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nickels Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a heads up on what I have seen lately. The hackers are that are not having any luck transfering out of mboxs are now doing someting else. They call in to the Auto Attendant over the weekend, access the Admin mbox or Gen mbox leave a message in there that says "blah blah blah". They then send out an email to all there people and say call this 800 number and enter this mbox number. On sunday night they go in and remove the message and down the road the customer gets a bill for 200 45-60 second phone calls from the phillipines or india. I am thinking the message may be something they don't want sent via email, or maybe they don't have it. I don't know, I just know it is happening alot up here. So to all installers make sure your mbox ports are restricted, remove outbound access unless they are going to need it, turn down the invalid password lock out to 3 tims. Keep password expiry on, change your Gen mbox passwords and Sys admin off default and make sure the client knows to use passwords that are not 1234 or 1111. Who has that much time on there hands that they dial into systems on the weekend to do something like that. ERRRRRRRRRRR. The telco's charge the client and if the client has not been informed of these kind of things, they will go after the interconnect for it.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Strange...

I haven't seen any like that down here yet.

Thanks for the info!

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
I haven't any such hackers on this side of the country.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
terrorists have that much time on there hands. i would have the telco trace calls on those lines. that sounds pretty shady there.

The sad part of it is the terrorists create problems for free. Telus bills you for creating and then solving problems that they created in the first place.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 106 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024