web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#130106 09/26/06 03:20 AM
feh Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi folks.

I have a Nortel 6x16 KSU, and a NT8B90AC ATA plugged into one of the ports (with an analog phone on the other side of the ATA).

I've noticed that when a call is placed from a Nortel phone to the ATA, that DTMF tones are not passed through to the analog phone.

Is this a configuration issue? I want to replace the analog phone with a different device that needs to be able to receive DTMF info, and right now the ATA isn't allowing that.

Thanks!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

What type of device do you want to connect to the ATA? Some type of Voicemail?

When you say "from a nortel phone to the ATA", do you mean internal intercom calls?

If you have an ATA with an analog cordless unit connected to it, and I call you , and you answer, you will hear DTMF on your end, if I start pressing digits on my end.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
feh Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by rich30529:

If you have an ATA with an analog cordless unit connected to it, and I call you , and you answer, you will hear DTMF on your end, if I start pressing digits on my end.
For troubleshooting purposes, I have a regular old analog phone connected to the ATA.

What you describe above is what I'd like to have happen, but is not. A call is placed from a phone to the ATA...the analog phone rings...I pick it up, and the call is in progress...I press digits on the phone that placed the call, but the DTMF tones are not heard on the analog phone.

Any idea why?

What Rich said. :thumb:

I'll just add: If you are trying to test your application from an internal phone, you can send tones through the ATA by invoking the 'Long Tones' feature (808).

Good Luck!

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
An ATA will not let the DTMF go through. But you can use a VMI (voice mail interface) unit that will let DTMF pass. It was designed for use with 3rd party voice mails and the Norstar.

feh Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by JimmyT:
An ATA will not let the DTMF go through. But you can use a VMI (voice mail interface) unit that will let DTMF pass. It was designed for use with 3rd party voice mails and the Norstar.
Crud. I wanted to be able to use an ATA.

What is the difference between an ATA and a VMI?

An ATA will not let the DTMF go through.
Sure it will, by default from external calls and with 'Long Tones' from internal calls. Is your application internal or external?

Marty Beutler
Follow me on my quest to webify all of us at Webify.Us
--> Providing Business Relevance for Web 2.0 Technologies
The VMI will act just like an ATA to the analog device. But you can also go in with Feature codes and make changes to it so it will communicate with voice mail systems to do Message Waiting Lights and thngs like that.

feh Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by BCMguy.com:
[b] An ATA will not let the DTMF go through.
Sure it will, by default from external calls and with 'Long Tones' from internal calls. Is your application internal or external? [/b]
It's an internal application.

So, is the "long tones" feature something that needs to be configured on the ATA, or the calling station?

Long Tones is only a call by call basics. I'm sorry I thought he was looking for somthing that allowed the tones all the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024