web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kevin L Offline OP
OP Offline
Have an Mics with 7.0 software. Two DTI cards in main cab. Third DTI card is in a trunk mod slot 1 (with NO other cards). That Trunk mod is in slot 8 of a combo card in slot 1 of MICS. 3rd card is proper version, I know the older version of card won't support. My question is I think there is a problem with timing. Should I have another combo card or services card in fiber slot 2 to give the 3rd DTI proper clocking?

Thanks
Kevin

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

i had a mics with same software i was loosing calls i trouble shooted everything all failed until i replaced the dti card it fixed my problem now i dont know where to start to troubleshoot 3 dti unless you disable one at a time but from my past experience i would look in that direction post back what you find

i just finished one of these

if you only have "1" 6 port combo the fiber connector for the dedicated trunk mod should go in slot three

the clocking for all 3 pri's/t-1 can be done by the combo alone (i believe the nortel docs support this on the cd rom)

if you were to add a second combo card (which i did) the slot for the dedicated trunk mod would then switch to port 8 on the second combo card.
it may even be 3 or 4 for the first combo alone and then 7 or 8 for the second if installed.

check out the cd rom they give alot of detail.

good luck

Kevin L Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks tickets, but were you using XC software when you added that other 6 port combo in your situation. I would have to do the same thing as the first combo is all filled. I am using 7.0 standard.

Have you tried frogging the DTI cards to see if the trouble follows?

Kevin L Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, That was orignally done when we added the 3rd PRI. The DTI card that is now running the the 3rd PRI used to be running the Second PRI. The reason for the swap was you need a DTI card that ends in AAAA to run the 3rd PRI. That is why we had to frog the card. That card was working perfectly. It seems as though tickets has the possible answer to the question. Thanks for the response.

Kevin,

Are the calls still dropping even if you moved the 3rd PRI(from the smartjack) inside the cabinet and received the calls on those channels. I have run into a ton of problems down here in Florida where the smartjack cards go back and it causes slippage on the T... It may not be your equipment at all...

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,163 Shoretel
188,991 CTX100 install
187,378 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 115 guests, and 378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024