web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I recently changed a customer from a Flash 2 to a CallPilot 150. Since the change the users will get reorder tone from the central office when a caller justs hangs up on the voicemail.The user must listen to reorder tone until it expires before they can erase the hang up. Is there something in the CP150 that can be set to disconnect the call on a hang up situation.
The trunks on the MICS are all loop start from the C.O.,but they did not have this problem previous to the CP150.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Doing the right thing is not always easy....but doing the right thing is always the right thing to do!
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

are your lines set to supervised

OP Offline
Yes,

I have tried them unsupervised and supervised.I am beginning to wonder if maybe the MICS need a good swift kick, and a reload.

Doing the right thing is not always easy....but doing the right thing is always the right thing to do!
What software level is the MICS? CallPilot is only compatible on version 4.1 and up.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Are you sure the telco is sending a disconnect signal?

The user must listen to reorder tone until it expires before they can erase the hang up.
Don't have to listen to it, just press "8" to erase it right away (for normal Norstar Mail and "76" for CallPilot interface).

This a MICS issue not CP.

Be sure you are receiving disconnect from the CO. If you listen with a butt set you can actually here the pulse. 10-30sec after the remote hangs up.

You can also play with the disconnect timer in MICS programming.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Thanks to all who replied!

I believe Marv is on to something,The C.O. recently relocated these trunks to a different line group.I think maybe they missed the disconnect supervision on at least one of the trunks or maybe more than one trunk.I'll test it on my next trip to the customer site.

Incidentally the MICS version is 7.0 XC.

OP Offline
Marv you hit it again!!!!I found one of the newly added trunks from Bell did not give me answer supervision. Their C.O. corrected it for me today,and I believe all is well.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 159 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024