web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Did you load the back up after you did the re-install? Your corruption might be just have been re-loaded.

No you can't load a back up because the key code/sys id will be different.

You'll have recover the key codes from the old CP first.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Hi guys,
Anyone remember the Touch Tone Gate parameter for Norstar voice mail? This is the never bug solved for all Norstar VM. Ok I trying to be more clearly for all.
This parameter is default NO for VM, but all VM thing different ,why ?? Exemple for all bilingual configuration(Engligh,Spanish,French …).
Welcome to AAA company for .. dial 9….so I dial 9,okay the system go in the alternate language but the system waiting for valid touch tone(s)…That’s it because you are enable to dial a valid touch tone (9 for language) YOU MUST continuing with valid touch tones !!!!!!.So “Exiting system prompt” ,the conclusion is ONLY for bilingual configurations, don’t try to replace the VM or do a install for scratch ,it’s REALITY and try to ask the solutions for Nortel tech support if someone thinking about. :toast:

Jack Mathrap got me thinking and he is right.
So I just tried it on CP100...
Here's what happens.

Do nothing and you go to the operator

Press 9 to switch to alt lanuage and then do nothing you are disconnected.

Press 9 twice once to switch to alt language and then back to prime and it still disconnects.

My theory is, once you have told the system you are dtmf capable by pressing 9 it waits for more dtmf digits, if none are provided it thinks you hung up and disconnects.

YOUR CP IS NOT DEFECTIVE.

WAY TO GO MATHRAP clap

I just learn something.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Like you often said , “Another Nortel undocumented feature(or bug !!!!)”. Like all Canadians telecoms techs, Norstar is a MUST. We install a bilingual VM (no choice !!!) for few years. Just keep going man. :thumb:

OP Offline
ah HA!.....Then I guess the fix is to re-record the alt prompt....and leave out "...or stay on the line to be transfered" (after the other options are voiced)- in spanish of course.

Ok, I'll have to verify this on the test bench, but it sure seems like a sound theory to me!

Oh, and Marv:
"Did you load the back up after you did the re-install? Your corruption might be just have been re-loaded."

no, I did the re-install and set up a very basic table by hand, no CCR or anything, just Gen Del and greeting 1 (bilingual, of course).

i restored the database after I found that that didn't change anything.

J

Thanks a million for your input, mathrap...sometimes you just need a fresh perspective!

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024