web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#133883 06/06/07 05:15 PM
OP Offline
I have upgraded a client from an 8x24 expanded unit with rotary lines to a MICS/7.0 software with a PRI. I have two problems:
A: the majority of sets were M7310 sets. I cannot get the buttons to see when internal users are on the phone. I have shut down the system and I have also put a M7208 in the place of the M7310 so the button programming would go to default. On some extensions that has worked but not all. There are some T7316's and 16E's and they all work fine. I am a bit baffled, does anyone have any suggestions?

B: the above client is a group of lawyers. There is one published number and the receptionist looks after all incoming calls and the AA looks after calls when she puts Ring service on,however one one of the lawyers has his own published number which was just a single line before(now it is part of the PRI). The receptionist has the lawyer line R & A on her set but she does not answer it. He has an assistant who has this line as well as himself and both are set up to R & A. My problem is he wants the callers to go to his personal mailbox after x amount of rings. I have it working but I had to set the assistant to 10 rings , the lawyer to 6 and the main Receptionist is at 4(she has to stay at 4). My question is: is there a better way so I do not have to have forward no answer set to so many rings for the Lawyer and the Assistant. All three of these people want the ability to be able to answer the calls coming in on this line and the lawyer wants the callers to go to his mailbox if not answered by a person.
Thank you in advance!!! help

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#133884 06/07/07 02:49 AM
A) Older versions of M series phones are not fully compatible with MICS 7.0. They need to be rev 19 or higher. One of the problems is as you describe no "on the phone" display on internal call buttons.

B) Is this a DID target line?

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
#133885 06/07/07 04:34 AM
OP Offline
A)Thanks Marv, thats what I figured but wasn't absolutely sure. I have mentioned this to the customer already. If I brought the software down to a 6.0 will I run into any problems?

B) Yes this number is a target line, can I create a hunt group and assign just the lawyer and assistant to this hunt group and have callers go to the lawyers mailbox but at the same time have that line A & R on the Reception set and she not be apart of the hunt group? Will this fix the problem I am having on the amount of rings for the Forward no Answer? Or will this even work?

#133886 06/07/07 04:50 AM
A) If you down grade you will probably change your System ID which means that your PRI keycode is no longer any good.

B) I know you can build a mailbox for a Hunt Group number but I'm not sure if you can send a Hunt Group call to a personal mailbox. I ahve a customer tat just checks both mailboxes her own and the Hunt Group one.

#133887 06/07/07 09:30 AM
if you use hg and the line appears on set it will follow the set programming ...not stuck in HG programming..not the recomended use but it may be doable

#133888 06/07/07 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Lady Tech:
My problem is he wants the callers to go to his personal mailbox after x amount of rings. I have it working but I had to set the assistant to 10 rings , the lawyer to 6 and the main Receptionist is at 4(she has to stay at 4). My question is: is there a better way so I do not have to have forward no answer set to so many rings for the Lawyer and the Assistant. All three of these people want the ability to be able to answer the calls coming in on this line and the lawyer wants the callers to go to his mailbox if not answered by a person.
Thank you in advance!!! help
If that line R & A's at reception and FWD's on 4 rings there is no way the laywer's FWD delay even comes into play. Why does reception fwd delay need to stay at 4 and why can't everyone just be set to 4? Do you still have the hotline number I gave you. I think you should use it.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
#133889 06/07/07 04:26 PM
OP Offline
Yes your right Nickels,Thanks

#133890 06/08/07 02:54 AM
Why dont you have Answer DN button on both Reception and Assistance phones for that Attorney's extension instead of line A&R? In this case his DID would follow his extension's FNA delay.

#133891 06/10/07 12:21 PM
OP Offline
I thought of an Answer DN button, but they all want two appearances of the line on all three sets. He had a two line rotary before being apart of the PRI. The problem is the AA picks up for all other lawyers(they have their own line)after 4 rings. I think what I am going to do is set up this particular lawyer with his own AA and create a leave message point, this will be like a telco mailbox, which is what he had before. I am going to give this a try and see if it will work the way they want.
Thanks everyone!!!

#133892 06/11/07 04:04 PM
You can assign different number of rings for that Target line and it doesn't metter how many rings for others lines you have but different AA is a good idea.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024