Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I did a search on F987 and several posts indicate it works like this:

While caller is leaving a message, F987 button lights up to let you know a message is being left. By pressing the button, you can pull the call out of the mailbox.

However, in reality (I attempted today), this doesn't happen! No button lighting up, and when pressed, error message (not allowed) appears.

So...what's up? Why does this feature work for y'all and simply thumbs its' nose at me?

System is a CICS 7.0 w/CP 100.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
When using F987, it MUST be done on the phone that has a mailbox associated with it, AND the caller must be IN that mailbox leaving a message.
In other words, you can't use F987 from x224 and try to pull the call out of x225 even if your phone rang on the initial call but ended up in x225's mailbox. Verify by leaving a message and see if it shows up on the phone that you did the F987 on.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Yes, I am testing on the same phone/mailbox.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Remember, the caller has to be IN that mail box.
They can't be in AA getting ready to be transferred to that mailbox via ext# or Directory Name. You have to wait until they are actually IN that mailbox, then hit F987. Make sure that the GenDel, transfer callback, DTR to Prime, or other events didn't take the call instead of that mailbox.
YES - That feature works.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Thanks a lot Danny_ocean.
Mine was working just fine until I tried different scenerios after reading your post.
Now mine quit working. :confused: :shrug:
Humm ??

When F987 is programmed onto the set, the diamond will light up showing the caller is in your mailbox. Program they key on the DS lower buttons and you will be able to notice when the caller hangs up. I always have people complain that it does not work, but once you program the button, the client notices sometimes the caller just hangs up. However I will go to the test bench and try it on 7.0 software as it is noted from Nortel, that software is crap and until March 2008 can be upgrade to 7.1 with no charge for the software. Just the time for the Telephone company to install it.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
Tried & tested again today. Absolutely does not work. Are there any related settings that must be configured before F987 will work?

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I think you need to mark that feature as loaded with BUGS. I would use mine and it works. Once in a while it would not work. I thought the caller had done something and was in the wrong mailbox, or had hung up before I used the code. But now in testing, it just doesn't work well.
Another Nortel BUG.

F987 only works while the outside person is listening to your message (not when they are leaving the message). Again, you would have to press F987 while the person is listening to your message. Works great!!

The caller goes to a phone.

After the designated FNA Rings it transfers to voicemail.

If your system is using the Primary Code F987 & it is programmed on a display button it SHOULD flash fast as the caller is listening to your personal greeting, then slow as they are leaving a message.

Even if your senario of the triangle not flashing-the Interrupt function would still work.

You have up to approximately 15 seconds to pull the caller out of voicemail. The display will read "Please wait" the caller hears "one moment please".

If you are getting "not allowed"

"Practicing Telecommunications since 1978"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024