Print Thread
Rate Thread
#134717 08/03/07 08:22 AM
OP Offline
:bang:

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
I don't know what happened but here it is:

I am troubleshooting a strange, aggravating, hair pulling, brain busting, make me want to jump off the roof problem with the voice mail. I am looking for some documentation that will clarify what the event logs in the CallPilot mean.
Some of it I understand, I need more detail on others. Below is an example of what I need more detail on. This is logging OPN.

14:16:25 OCS: Initiated OPN for 225 rc=1(0x1)
14:16:26 OCS: Got Port:2 MB:225: <displays pager or cell #>
14:16:26 f981.c: OpnStart MB:225:<displays pager or cell #>
14:18:56 OCS: Recvd OPN, Usr didn't Login to:225
14:18:56 OCS: Inc OPN Retry attempts for 225.
14:24:46 OCS: Scheduled OPN cancelled for 225.

I understand lines 1-4 and line 6.

I think its Incoming call was directed to ext.225 which is not Initiolized or doesn't exist.

OP Offline
But 225 does exist it is my extension. I posted here an example from my BCM that matches the customers logs. The above example logs a successful OPN. The problem we are having is this, and I apologize ahead of time for the length and confusion.

This BCM, the actual box, has been replaced twice in 5 years. It was replaced once due to an out of box failure. The customer has had a problem with OPN for about 5 years. The former tech spent hours trying to pinpoint the problem without much success. When I came on board I spent hours trying to pinpoint and trying to understand what was happening. They have 12 doctors and many other medical assistants and others that get paged on pagers and cell phones when they receive a voicemail message. I would look over the CDR records to prove that the system was calling their pager and/or cell phone. Only 1 time did I find that it did not. I called Nortel and sent them the archlogs and they determined that when a group list message was sent to the doctors 2 mailboxes would seize 1 trunk at the same time and it would cause an OPN issue. They wrote a patch for this problem. We installed the patch and everything has been working pretty good for a while. We found that they have had many issues with the paging company and with cell phones that did not have good service where they were at a particular time. Now for the good part. I received an email about one of the doctors that recieved a page around 5PM on Monday. This was his last page until around 7:30AM on Tuesday. He had several messages in his mailbox. Understanding the OPN cycle that the BCM goes through, he should have been paged again after 5PM. I have read the event logs and the archlogs and I have looked at the CDR records. The bottom line is it looks as though the BCM did not call out to his pager from 5PM on Monday to 7:30AM on Tuesday.
I could tell the customer that there is no way to gaurantee this to be 100% all the time but try to tell that to doctors that get messages, some of them urgent, 24 hours a day. I will be contacting Nortel again because even after the patch has been installed the problem still occurs.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 151 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024