web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#134908 08/29/07 12:03 PM
OP Offline
I have a BCM1000 that when I go into Services- Telephony services I get a message : Telephony progamming is not available. please try again later." I get the same message when I go into wizards. Is there a way to reset the MSC card and force the BCM to reconize it? We can only program the system through a phone. Thanks for any help. :banana:

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
They say you should not program BCM's (excluding BCM-50) through the phone. It has a way of corrupting the system. Does your green LED's on the front show any errors? Like they are all flashing? Don't know of any way to do what you want through the phone. Sounds like a Power Cycle Reboot may be in order.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
I've had the same problem and a power cycle fixed it. I also checked out my motherboard to be sure I don't have the bad caps.

So I should stop programming with the phone? I do it all the time, much easier than with the laptop. I have a BCM 4.0, does that still apply?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Jsaad: That is only what I have heard from a number of different sources. But I have never seen anything official from Nortel.....Except for the BCM-50, it is the only manual that says "to program from a phone...." The other BCM's do not say that in the manual (or at least I have not found it yet). For the 4.0 version, I have not had the chance to get my hands on a CD for that version, so I can't say about that one.

Back to Michaelq: I forgot to mention what Jsaad said, Have you checked your BCM tray for bad caps? I know the 200 & 400 had cap problems but I don't know if that applied to the 1000 ???? I think the 1000 was MD'd before the cap problem. Maybe someone can confirm that. But I would still try the power cycle reboot.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
I checked my CD, yes you can program from a phone with 4.0.

Here is a link to the bulletin on the motherboard issue. no mention of BCM1000 systems.

My recollection is that if the system is shut off incorrectly, then I got that telephony programming unavailable message. And, strangely, a reboot cleared it.

OP Offline
All light on the BCM are except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. I

OP Offline
All light on the BCM are except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. I

OP Offline
All light on the BCM are green steady except led 2 and 5 are are off. I tried a reboot and system shut down. all leds came on. But no telephony programming on the unified manager. What caps should I look at? On the mother board or the MSC card? I backed up the system to the hard drive. I may try to reinitialize the core to try to get the MSC to talk to the unified manager. I will then do a restore. Will this work? Thanks for any help.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 103 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024