web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello guys. I have a small problem with the call pilot I just installed. I have 3 lines on the CICS version 7.0 system. The AA is set to answer lines 1 and 2. Line 3 is a private line which rings at all phones and the AA is set not to answer. The problem is that after about six rings on an incoming call on line 3 the voicemail on ext. 21 answers the line. I checked and the ports are the same as the station numbers. I do not know why this is doing this. I do not see a setting for this. Anyone have any ideas?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

The reason that it is answering on ext 21 is that you have the line ringing on all phones and it is following the stations forward no answer.
if this is a privet number for one use then you have two options.
set that line to appear and ring on one phone only and the rest of the phones to appear only then you can add a answer dn button for that ext on the phones as well.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by spdracer:
Line 3 is a private line which rings at all phones and the AA is set not to answer.
If line 3 is "Private", it can't appear & ring on all phones, only 1....hence "Private".

That phone, most likely 21 as you say, has CFNA set to go to VM. Remove that setting.

If all or several phones appear & ring, then the line is "Public", not private.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
The problem is that after about six rings on an incoming call on line 3 the voicemail on ext. 21 answers the line.
Line 3 is A&R on ext 21 and CFNA on ext 21 is set to VM DN on a delay of 6 rings.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Thanks for your response. The line is public. It appears and rings at all phones. If I take out the CFNA to VM on ext 21, will the next phone (ext 22) which has a CFNA to VM pick the line up? I guess my question is how do I get this line to appear and ring on all phones without any VM to answer? Every ext has a CFNA to VM. Thanks again for your help.

I typically don't CFNA any of the extensions to voicemail. I set the DRT to prime (Y), make prime set the vmail DN. All calls going through auto attendant will end up in voicemail after ringing the extension according to the DRT delay timer (typically 4 rings). Fo calls that are answered live, I train the users to transfer callers directly to voicemail when desired either by a pre-programmed button or f986.

Originally posted by spdracer:
Thanks for your response. The line is public. It appears and rings at all phones. If I take out the CFNA to VM on ext 21, will the next phone (ext 22) which has a CFNA to VM pick the line up? I guess my question is how do I get this line to appear and ring on all phones without any VM to answer? Every ext has a CFNA to VM. Thanks again for your help.
Yes the next phone's voice mail will answer the call.

A solution would be to put the line in a hunt group and make the hunt group appear and ring on the phones. Hunt groups have their own settings and do not follow the CFNA settings of the phones. You can then leave CFNA active on the phones.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024