web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#135149 09/13/07 07:37 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer who wants a function that I am not sure is possible. Here is what she wants.

Whenever the secretary answers a call and then transfers the call to the person's extension. They want the call to ring first at their desk phone (T7316e) and then their cell phone. Is there a way to forward calls to their cell phone? Also they do not want a system voicemail, they want to use the cell voice mail. Oh I am talking about a Nortel CICS system by the way. Thanks

Burgie13

www.bdtelecom.net

"Don't believe anything that you hear and only half of what you see"
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Line Redirection will do this, but it will tie up 2 lines. The line the call came in on, and the line the system will use to call out to the cell phone.

Jim

Oops :sleep: Sorry, asleep at the wheel. Line redirection will do this, without the secretary's involvement.

Jim

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I don't think so. I believe Line Redirection will transfer every call on that incoming line.

It can be done if the lines are Centrex. I have a client that does exactly that. Secretary transfers to his desk. If he's away he engages call forwarding with a "Link" or "Flash" key in the sequence.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Dave, explain that one please.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
You could dedicate another extension that is always forwarded to the cell phone. Then program forward no answer for the user's phone to transfer to this forwarded phone. The only drawback is that you must have a phone that is dedicated to being forwarded offsite at all times to complete this transfer. This way calls ring on the office phone then to the forwarded phone which puts the call through to the cell phone.

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed." - Curly Howard
Why not just have the secretary do a transfer directly to his cell phone?

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Originally posted by telemarv:
Dave, explain that one please.
Which part? Like I said, unless I'm wrong, "Line Redirection" will indeed send every call that comes in on 555-xxxx for example to that cell phone.

The "Call Forward" that I'm talking about is NOT F4 (For internal use), it's *72.

What I thought I did at the client was preprogram a button on his phone for: F71, F78, F78, xxx-xxx-xxxx. Worked like a charm. It doesn't here so I'll have to check this out tomorrow & report....

It might have been only 1 F78 but I can't remember.

However it must be a Centrex line.

The reason was the secretary didn't know if or when he was in the office, so she would simply transfer to his extension and forget about it. As long as he remembered to engage CF before he left the office, it worked.

I assume this is why Burgie13 wants it.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
A further thought...

I believe the possibility to allow the Line Redirection under Capabilities for a particular set is whether that PERSON has the "authority" to transfer a given line or lines externally.

Dave

OP Offline
Originally posted by MooreTel:
Originally posted by telemarv:
[b] Dave, explain that one please.
The reason was the secretary didn't know if or when he was in the office, so she would simply transfer to his extension and forget about it. As long as he remembered to engage CF before he left the office, it worked.

I assume this is why Burgie13 wants it.

Dave [/b]
This is exactly what my customer wants.

Burgie13

www.bdtelecom.net

"Don't believe anything that you hear and only half of what you see"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024