web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
have a CICS 7.1 with c/p 100 I am using telco call transfer (3 way) on the line when call is answered by c/p for shop press 4 which is at a different address have set it up with ext trans put in the # plus the number am using line one to call back out on , the call gets dropped and it rings back to the norstar a 2nd time "help"

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

1st have you tried with an SLS to be sure telco transfer works. 3 way calling (AKA conference) is not necessarily a blind transfer capable.

If that works, have you set link at CO to yes in system programming. And last be sure link timer is 600.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
1) definately have 3 way calling ,the CO switch this is comming from is a #5 so i'm not sure if 3 way and blind are the same .
2) Have tried both link timers at 600 and 900
3) Marv I have gone through system prog a dozen times and I know I have seen it befor but I can't find it 2 night on this switch does something somewhere else in prog have to be changed for it to appear .
tks

Opps sorry I keep forgeting "Link at CO" is a MICS option.

There is a DN setting under User Preference for "Allow Link" make sure that is yes on the voice mail ports.

I know Bell Canada link transfer (sometimes called Centrex transfer) and 3 way calling are NOT the same. 3 way calling is a conference and requires a smart touch code of *71. I'm also pretty sure if the initiator drops out the call is disconnected.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
OP Offline
Hey Marv, Still can't locate allow link ,I have 7.1 sw is it possible that it is just an option that is automatic ,as under user pref all I can find is btn prog, speed dial etc but no link status .the test i used to see if i have 3 way is i programmed a link key on main ph 221 called into system on a cell ph and linked call to another cell and only 1 line was avaiable to the system
it looks like when the c/p attemps the call it is dropped and the co calls back similar to what some answering machines will do when you hang up on them, so what the H am I doing wrong ,I also tried a # and a pause infront of the ph # no luck

Sorry its under T&S > Restrictions > Set Restrictions > Allow Link

Marv CCNA, CTUB
What type of external transfer did you set up, a route? Did you use #5, press Add, then the phone number in the phone number location?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
OP Offline
Thanks Marv, I found it ,well you did, anyway it was set to link stat (y)for the v/m local
Mr Nickels" I used line 1 for the path and #5 etc but it still just holds the line for about 4-5 sec drops the call then calls back .

Just a note but 3-way calling is not the same as call transfer. These are 2 differnet things, you need to make sure that your carrier has you allowed to use the Link Transfer Feature. I know here it is an additional charge per line for it.

OP Offline
Marv,Jimmy You were correct on the type of call trans/3way features ..in the switch I am working out of they are different, orginally I had a local CO tech tell me they were the same , but at least now I know where the H I can find the link status in the CICS ..thanks again for all the help

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 124 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024