web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
We have installed several BCM50e systems and connected them remotely to make changes. We are able to use element manger to get into the system and make changes no problem. We have the BCm connect to a switch which is connected to a Router on our internal network. The problem we are having is that when a new device is added to the office LAN(CPU) the BCM50e is giving out an IP address to that CPU. We want to turn off the BCM50 from giving out IP Address but are having some problems finding the correct area to it off.
I have a BCM50a on the bench and a laptop connected to it. I can get in through element manager and can go to Configuration tab > Data Services>DCHP> General Setting> but this page says Launch Router WebGui Tool. When I hit on this link it opens a web browser and give me a bad gateway error message. In the manual it says this page should allow me to select Disable fro the drop down menu.

Can anyone HELP!!!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

You have to go to LAN set up and go to DHCP. As soon as you get DHCP drop down menu you can do your changes.

pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
Where is the LAN setup located? Do I have to have the system connected to the internet to shut off the DCHP router??

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Look under the tab: Data Services
Click on DHCP Server.
Click on tab General Settings.
Look for DHCP Server is: Disable/Enable.
Change setting.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem I have is that the DCHP Disable/Enable does not appear on that tab. Is just has a link to Launch Router WedGui.

Why I can't see the disable/enable is what I am trying to figure out.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Well - you can do it through the phone then.

To configure the IP address
1 Select Feature 9*8 from a two-line display telephone.
2 Enter the following user ID and password:
User ID: xxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxxx

3 Press NEXT to scroll through the menu and select IP Address.
4 Press OK.
5 Press CHNGE to modify the IP settings. The display screen shows if DHCP is enabled or
disabled.
6 Do one of the following:
a If DHCP is currently enabled:
• Press DIS to disable DHCP. You have the option to modify the IP Address, Subnet Mask,
and Default Gateway. However, these settings have no effect as long as the system is
disabled.
• Press IP to modify the following IP settings:
— IP Address
— Subnet Mask
— Default Gateway
b If DHCP is currently disabled:
• Press ENL to enable DHCP. The system must reboot to enable DHCP.
• Press IP to modify the IP settings. You have the option to modify the IP Address, Subnet
Mask, and Default Gateway. However, these settings have no effect as long as the system
is disabled.
7 Press Back to reboot the system.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
If you are using a BCM50a and the BCM50e then you have to use the GUI interface. The BCM50a and BCM50e have an optional integrated router in them that require the use of GUI interface.

pfix Offline OP
OP Offline
We are using the BCM50e.
The GUI interface will not Launch and I do not know why. I get a bad gateway error message.

What needs to be connected to the system to make this work?

We received this BCM50e from a vendor and I don't think it is new. Is there a way to reset the system back to the factory settings?
Does it not give you some options of what you want turned on and off from the factory settings.

Try pluging into one of the regular network ports, not the admin port. then login using element manager and use the launch webGUI. You can also try using internet explorer. Just put the lan ip address of the router into the address bar. The default ip address is in the BCM manual under system programming, router config. You can also reset the router using the cold reset router button in the element manager in the admin/ utilities/ reset page. This will rest the router to default.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,870 Shoretel
188,980 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 91 guests, and 162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024