Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13834 11/18/06 01:53 PM
OP Offline
Hello all. i have an interview with Tekworks (Tekworks Website) in Corona, CA on tuesday the 21 of november. they also have a location in Poway, CA (san diego) i was wondering if anyone here has ever worked for them or ever dealt with them before. i've been trying to find information online and stuff with no luck, not even any BBB info. maybe because they are a private company.

well if anyone can help me out that'd be great.
CB

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#13835 11/21/06 08:12 AM
HJB Offline
As a PM/Estimator in California I would use Tekworks for "temps" on projects where we needed a little extra manpower or just whenever our full-time techs were already allocated to projects.

From a "user-of-Tekworks" perspective it was hit and miss regarding the quality of the techs. Some were okay. But, most had little to no training or experience and they ended up wasting more time than they gave.

For example, there would be a high fail rate when it came time to test. Their termination skills weren't very good and they needed to have their hand held way too much.

Every now and then we would get a winner and we would end up keeping them on board for several months.

I don't post this to relfect on you in any way. It's just that good techs are hard to come by.

A good tech is one who possesses the skills and experience necessary for the position, and also someone who doesn't need to be bailed out of jail on Monday morning for a weekend DUI. Half the battle with techs is having them show up to the job site in a professional manner (appearance and attitude).

If you are a tech and you offer these 3 things you will not be a tech for very long (you will be promoted to PM/Sales/Estimator, etc.

-- present yourself professionally (not smelling like beer, hair is cut, face shaved, clothes clean and ironed, if necessary)
--have a positive and professional attitude (courteous, don't use profanity, no crude or disrespectful jokes or behavior, honest, etc.)
-- know how to do your job correctly, show a willingness to learn, and take responsibility for errors that you make

The above is the tech's secret to success...

Hans Broesicke, RCDD
#13836 11/21/06 12:57 PM
OP Offline
thanks very much for your reply. the interview only lasted 10 minutes. im better off with the electrical contractor im currently with.

i do offer all 3 of the things you spoke of. i guess Tekworks doesnt care and just wanted another Body cause they're so busy right now.

all Tekworks were going to offer me was $12/hr and having me drive my truck all over the place for free. Ppffftt. yeah right.

#13837 11/22/06 05:00 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
all Tekworks were going to offer me was $12/hr and having me drive my truck all over the place for free. Ppffftt. yeah right.
explains why they don't get many good techs

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#13838 11/27/06 09:07 PM
teksystems is a decent agency but it may be too far for you. they kept me busy for a few months with decent jobs. they had a little dry spell in the fall which seems odd to me but i havent been in the industry long enough to know its patterns.

https://www.teksystems.com/Locations/United-States/California.aspx

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#13839 11/30/06 08:08 PM
KLD Offline
Bump

Ken
---------
#13840 12/02/06 08:53 AM
Bump?

I gather that youre a man of few words but you can do better than that! :toothy:

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#13841 12/02/06 04:11 PM
OP Offline
thanks for the other recommendation. no locations near me. i was thinking about starting my own company anyway. i've been thinking about it for a long time now, maybe its time to stop thinking. laugh

#13842 12/03/06 06:53 AM
KLD Offline
Don't forget to get your CA Contractor numbers --- There used to be a good sized interconnect in Lancaster that did work over your way. Also was one in Palmdale that did a lot of schools.

If you want names, etc, give me a PM.

Ken
---------
#13843 12/05/06 04:58 PM
OP Offline
i'll try not to. but i think i'll be moving to missouri next year so i think i'll wait till i move to do my start up. in the mean time i can learn more stuff. i wish the electrical contractor i work for now installed phone systems.

anyone know of a short course that i could take at night time in the inland empire area of california that will teach me lucent or avaya phone systems ( those seem to be the most popular in southern california) TIA

Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,007 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBean3329, jsaad), 126 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024