web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I think this should be an easy question.

I am using a BCM 400 (NT version) with Call Pilot.

I am trying to set up one persons extension so that when a caller calls, they listen to their message and then get forwarded to their assistant who answers the phone or they leave a voicemail with.

I have set up a CCR Home Forward to enable this. I have setup the Table (Table 4) and enabled this on their line in Call Pilot (Auto Answer) with a recorded message and I believe all of the necessary steps to make the CCR and auto answer work at their extension. I have set up this extension as the control set.

My issue is, I don't know how to enable the auto answer on their desk phone set? I thought it was Feature 8 7 3, but this asks for a password, and I have no idea what this password is. I'm not sure it is Feature 8 7 3, but I do know our night service is Feature 8 7 1. What feature code allows me to enable this CCR tree from the handset?

Thanks!
Ash

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Remember that passwords are not to be disclosed in the open forum..... :read:

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
It must be too late at night for me.
I read this post 3 times and I do not know what he is trying to do. Better get some sleep.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
It's now the morning and I'm still confused.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
I guess we all forgot to "Press 1 for English" :rofl:

Originally posted by shawpipe:
...I am trying to set up one persons extension so that when a caller calls, they listen to their message and then get forwarded to their assistant who answers the phone or they leave a voicemail with....
1st off, I'm the 1st to admit that I know dickey-doo about the BCM series. Course will be scheduled soon.

That being said, if I understand that part right, I assume you're talking about the caller hearing the extension's greeting, not the "Company Greeting", then the call being sent to his assistant. If so, I fail to see the reasoning. If the assistant is busy/out as well, then the caller will hear both greetings & be as confused as we are here, even if it can be done, which I doubt. :shrug:

...My issue is, I don't know how to enable the auto answer on their desk phone set? I thought it was Feature 8 7 3, but this asks for a password, and I have no idea what this password is. I'm not sure it is Feature 8 7 3, but I do know our night service is Feature 8 7 1. What feature code allows me to enable this CCR tree from the handset?
The CCR answers "Lines", not extensions. I think you need to try this in ADMIN programming for CFNA &/or CFB, unless there is a specific "path" in the CCR for his extension.

If I'm not even in the ball park, I suggest you clarify your question, so the more experienced techs will have a clue as to what you are attempting to do.

Sorry...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Sorry for the confusion! Thanks for the replies.

To clarify:

The employee in question is frequently out of the office and we often forward directly to cell phone. But in this case, the employee is going to be out of the office for an extended duration. What they want to be able to do, is to give a short "Hi, you've reached me, but I'm not in, and you are now going to be redirected to my assistant who will attempt to help you". Thus, eliminating the confusion around being forward to someone else's mailbox without warning, and so that the employee in question can let the caller know the call will be taken care of, and the assistant will get hold of this employee if it is urgent (or has ways to help).

The employee's extension is 207 and the assistant's extension is 205.

I don't think I can do this through a standard voicemail box(or can I?) on callpilot on the BCM 400 (i.e. just configuring their standard voicemail box differently), so that when a call comes in to 207, they hear a brief message and then get forwarded to 205.

So the method I thought would work is to create a custom CCR tree that could be used on extension 207 and forward to 205.

Dave stated that CCR answers 'lines' not 'extensions', which I'm not sure whether this is true or not on the BCM, but I think I have set my CCR for a line nonetheless. When I set up the CCR tree, I set the following parameters (I copied this from our Night service setup):

CCR Transfer Mode Properties
Tree Number: 2
Caption: CANUSA
Outdial method: Route
Phone Number: 205

Under Auto Attendant settings I set the following parameters:

Line: 248 (corresponds to the line on BCM for DN 207)
Answer Mode: Auto Attendant
Table/Skillset: Table 4
Rings: 5

And set the following for the Greeting Table:

Greeting is 1 for Morning, Afternoon, Evening, NonBusiness
CCR tree is 2
Attendant Extension is 207
and I recorded the Primary Prompt message

I should also mention that when I went to setup the CCR Tree, you have five options:

Home Menu Node
Home Information Node
Home Transfer Node
Home Mailbox Node
Copy of Tree

I chose "Home Transfer Node" (I incorrectly called this CCR Home Forward in my original post), which according to Nortel documentation says you can leave a brief message and then forward the caller to a specific number (sounded exactly like what I was trying to do???).

Anyway, these settings I copied from our Night Service, which works on line 241 (and is used at our main incoming extension DN 200). To enable night service, on the main phone set, we just have to enter Feature 8 7 1 and it will use the Night Service CCR tree that has been set up for it (attendant extension is 200 for this CCR tree).

What I don't understand (and I could have this whole thing configured wrong) is what Feature code do I have to enter from the telephone handset to enable this new CCR tree/service from the handset 207 (which is the attendant extension for this greeting table)?

Like I said before Feature 8 7 3 says it is "Services Routing" but the manual says it asks for a password (which it does) (which I have not set or do not know what the default is or whatever). [Yes, I know not to post passwords here, but it would be impossible for me to do this in this case since I don't know what the password is - hahaha!]. But I'm not sure Feature 8 7 3 is the right feature code (maybe it is Feature 8 7 1 or Feature 8 7 2 from the handset here, or another feature code?).

Your help is appreciated. Hopefully this is enough detail.

By the way, if I am going about this completely wrong (ie. it can be done another way and CCR/AA is the wrong way) don't hesitate to let me know. I only tried this method as it was the only way I read that what I was trying to do could be achieved, but for all I know this could be done through a standard voicemail box change?.

Thanks
Ash

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Now that you explained it better.... :shrug: ??

Let's just take your Line 248 for x207.
You can forget about, outdial, routing, forwarding, Night service, enabling from station set, and most everything else.

Hopefully you have an extra Greeting, Table, and CCR Tree available.

You record your greeting, set up the table to answer Line-248 on 0 rings, play Greeting 24 hrs, set up ccr tree for Home Transfer node for INTERCOM with blank line pool#, Fill ext with 205.

Save it and go home. (after you test it)

If you are using PRI and DID's you do this automatically by setting up a new AA table that answers line 248, plays a greeting and then routes the call to 205 as the attendant.

Or You can use the dial "7" option within the mailbox.

"Hello you have reached Joe Blow I'm out of the office for but I do check my messages. If your call is of an urgent nature press 7". Then you set the call forward option within the mailbox to dial the secretary's phones when 7 is pressed.

Or you can use the alternate attendant for the mailbox and have the caller press 0.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
Okay, I've got it working according to NTLayoff's advice.

Thanks!

However, I can't get the custom greeting at the bottom of the Table to work.

This is where you check off to Enable the Custom Auto-Attendant Menu Prompts and then you record a Primary and Alternate Prompt.

Can you use this for Home Transfer Node AA or not?

Custom Auto-Attendant Menu Prompts
Enable:
Primary Prompt: Recorded
Alternate Prompt: Recorded

Thanks for all your help guys!

Ash

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
.......However, I can't get the custom greeting at the bottom of the Table to work.
This is where you check off to Enable the Custom Auto-Attendant Menu Prompts and then you record a Primary and Alternate Prompt.........
99.99% of the time I never use this.
IF you don't check the box (under normal usage) Canned "Sally" comes on and says, "If you know your parties ext. blah blah blah.

I usually check the box then do NOT record anything.
Never paid attention to it for a Transfer point.
I suggest you leave it alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024