web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have recently upgraded the software on two MICS systems from 7.0 to 7.0XC. When I rebooted the system, all the programming was the same with exception to a couple of minor things. Both systems had PRI's coming in and both systems would be able to dial out no problem, but when you would dial in to any number, you would hear a dial tone. The only way I could fix this was to completely start from scratch and redo all of the programming. I was just wondering if anyone else had ever run into this and if they found a way to fix it without reprogramming everything.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

sounds like you've already reprogrammed. but, how about checking for "No" when asked about "Answer with DISA?" in Line programming.

Yes, I have had that same thing happen. I spent several hours checking and re-checking all programming. How I fixed it was I disabled the PRI card and moved it to the 2nd slot and reprogrammed the PRI. That fixed it.

OP Offline
Thank you digiteD. I'll try that next time.

OP Offline
By the way, has this only happened on 7.0 upgrades, or has anyone experienced this with the older ones as well? Just curious.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 139 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024