web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello, I have a customer that is having a problem with their old Startalk Flash installed on a 8x24? MCIS. The problem they are having is if you call a internal extension the CFNA is set to 6 rings and it transfers to 43 (VM port). On the display it says "not available" and kicks it back to AA. Same thing happens on external calls

What I've done is verify the VM port is correct, the extensions have VM boxes already. Checked that AA answers after 4 and CFNA is set to 6. I've turned AA off and the same thing happens. The operator can transfer calls directly to VM F986 just fine.

They use a manual night service during business hours but the problem happens after hours also, I've also turned if off and nothing changes.

F982 AA is set to answer.

I'm stumped, anywhere else I should look?
DRT to prime is turned on, does that have anything to do with it? I don't understand DRT, could some one give me a quick definition?

Thanks for any help you can provide, below are some pictures in case they help. [Linked Image from lh4.ggpht.com] [Linked Image from lh4.ggpht.com]

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
That's a Modular 8x24 (with the door 1/2 off), not a MICS, equipped with a Flash 2.

Is your problem that it never goes to the extension's VM or once in awhile? If only once in a while, it's probablt that the Flash is busy already (2 users are leaving/taking messages).

If that's the case upgrade the flash to a Flash 4.

If not, post back.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
No its all the time, only time a caller gets to a voicemail box is when the secretary sends them straight to VM. Thanks for the help.

Verify the Flash DN (F985). That is the pilot where CFNA/CFB should point to.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
OP Offline
I did that, also plugged a phone into the port to verify. Port 43.

Make sure both channels are functioning. On a flash2 you should be able to dial F985 on 2 phones simultaniously. If one says unavailable the flash has a problem.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
OP Offline
Thanks I will check that, could you define the DRT to prime setting for me?

Any other reason why VM would say unavailable?

DRT stands for Delayed Ring Transfer. It is the timer used to direct ringing lines to the lines prime set if they go unanswered. Each line can be assigned a prime set.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
Can users Log in to check on Messages? Go to Maintenance and take a look on Ext's 43 Status? Try to reset VM.

OP Offline
Users can log in and check there messages, under port/dn status everything looks fine.

I went on site today to mess with it. Turned off DRT, changed the delay to 12. Turned off AA and night service and VM still wouldn't pick up on a outside call or a internal set to set call, display shows forwarded it 43 but then says not available. I've about had it with this old system, time for a new one and start from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 101 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024