Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with a BCM 200 3.6 .The telephones are working ok but the voicemail says inactive feature when you dial f981.
The leds status plus 5 leds after are all flashing
any ideas and I can not get into the sysytem thru Lan 1 or Lan 2 I am not sure what the ip addresses are (new customer) I thought maybe a base tray or MSC .I rebooted the power but no change

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Hook up serial port to find an IP address. Did VM ever worked before? Check out with 9*8 or any seats available for VM.

djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
yes,The vm was working fine I have not tried the serial cable yet to get the Ip address I can try that in the morning .If I am able to get into the sytem thru the lan port do you have any ideas what I could try
Thanks for your reply!

You can try to do Reinstall but I have no idea how many MB you have a License for and what other App was originally on that VM. I am talking about CC or Reporting.

djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
OK
Thanks!

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
If your status LED's are flashing, that is the problem. Your system is not up. Your phones may still work but not the VM, AA, or LAN ports.

I think you said you have tried a re-boot. That is the first thing. If your lights are still flashing, then, since you have 3.6 which is OLD, You may have a Tray problem.

Pull out the system tray. Look at the CAPS on the tray. 1) What color are they? Green or Blue? 2) do the tops of the caps looks like they have popped like popcorn???

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
The caps are are blue they look ok .I remember the problem with the BFT but I can not remmeber which color had the problem

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I cannot remember for sure, but I think the BLUE is the GOOD ones. I checked the Nortel Bulletin and can you believe it they do NOT list the color of either good or bad caps?? If the caps look ok, they may not be your problem. Although it could still be a tray.

You don't have redundant or RAID drives do you??
If so- it could be a RAID card problem.

It may be a problem with the disk drive.

Hook up a monitor to the monitor port and see what comes up. Give feedback.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
djohndi Offline OP
OP Offline
we are going to try a new base tray to see if thats it .I did not get to see your reply until I had already left the site I will let you know if it comes back

Thanks for your help

Sounds like the hard drive failed and you may need to to install a new hard drive. You are runnning off the MSC card.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,009 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 176 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024