web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tazzman Offline OP
OP Offline
Having a real headache with a customer installed over a year ago. BCM 400 with DMC32 and 10 7440 DECT phones. Customer complains of dropped calls, when stats are checked they show between 4-6 dropped calls per thousand. I am wondering what should be considered "acceptable" loss on this type if wireless network, or what others have experienced. Customer has 6 bases and 2 repeaters. Doing a signal strength survey, sees no problems. Dropped calls seem to be random and system wide and often when user is standing stll. What could interfer with type of network in a bus garage atmosphere. Any input appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

By chance, is there any welding going on at the shop? We have seen this cause serious problems before.

BTS
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
I even had problems with an RF welder for plastic upholstery, though on a TDM system. And not Nortel. My point being, don't stop because there is no stick/wire welding going on. Think any kind of electronic interference! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Think cell phone, how many dropped calls are acceptable on your wireless? Answer... more than land line.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Tazzman Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes they have migs, tigs, arc welders, plasma cutters. They fix transports and buses etc. They shop foreman is complaining the most about dropped calls. Thanks a million for the info, this site is costing a ton of money and time for the company!

Tazzman Offline OP
OP Offline
Turns out the welders are only used every few weeks, they do at any given time have vehicles with cb radios in the bays that may be turned on. Any possible issue with these?

5 Watts (Or more smile ) close by? Sure, especially if maintenance is 'deferred' on the CB's. And 'noisy ignition systems, 'spikey' 3-phase power, and, and, and. smile ( john C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,803 Shoretel
188,963 CTX100 install
187,200 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nfcphoneman), 124 guests, and 167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024