web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
parnola Offline OP
OP Offline
I've searched this forum and don't see an answer to this. We've been running BCM 1000s and 400s for years with good results, but always with analog lines. We are now installing a PRI at one of our locations and I have no experience with them.

We have a BCM 400 3.7 test system and I have installed the DTM module on Bus 3 and the system recognizes it. I have tried various settings but can't get the system to see the 23 phone lines on the PRI from the phone company. Can someone point me to a primer for troubleshooting this? Currently, I see the lines listed as "provisioned" but under services there are no active phone lines. Also, on the front of the module, the 3rd light from the left is flashing green, which I believe means it's not connected. I'm sure I have a protocol or something wrong. Here are the settings I current have in place:
Module type: PRI
Low line/loop: Line 181
High line/loop: Line 203
Protocol: NI
B-channel selection sequence: Descending sequential
Clock source: Primary
send Name Display: Y

For T1 parameters:
CO fail: TIA-547A
Interface levels: ISDN
Framing: ESF
Internal CSU: On
CSU line build: 0 dB
Line coding: B8ZS

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Has to be NI2. Go and Enable PRI. Call Provider and ask or the seeing your B & D channels. Card supposed to say T1 PRI not T1 only. If you have external CSU turn your Internal off. Assign them into a Pool.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Hey parnola, Welcome to the boards. welcome

Vad60 has good things to checkout.

Also, it is always good to disable the module and re-enable it after you make changes.
One other thing, are you using a straight through cable? Some providers want a straight-thru. But I have had some that have to have a cross-over cable. You might try that.
No - not a LAN crossover. A T1 cross-over.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
parnola Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both for your replies. I will check all of this and let you know what I find.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,282 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,387 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 178 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024