web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
lroldan Offline OP
OP Offline
I have come across a situation twice now that I'd like to see if anyone else has experienced. This has only been with the service provider Telepacific (here in CA.) and their product called Smartvoice PRI. This product is a PRI but is some sort of SIP trunk in their network. I have now seen this happen at 2 different locations with 2 different customers of mine; when a call is answered by auto attendant and the caller tries to (a)use the company directory,(b) tries to access their own voicemail the Call Pilot does not recognize the DTMF tones and the caller hears the message "No Matches Found" or "The Mailbox Password Combination You Have Entered Is Not Registered" indicating that the DTMF tones are not being recognized. Now in both instances these features worked prior to these customers switching to this product of Telepacific's. The carrier has determined that there is a problem with the digit delivery and has aked that we reduce the digit delivery timer in the voicemail so that the digits will be recognized. Has anyone else experienced this yet or am I the only one so far? One thing to note is that my first customer has an old NAM 4.0 and the 2nd customer has a Call Pilot 100 3.1 and both experience the exact same thing. I've worked on Norstars for years and do not know of any "digit delivery timer" on the voicemail products. Any thoughts?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Does it work fine on a regular PRI or copper trunks?

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
If a caller can dial any extension but cannot open a mailbox or directory sounds like your carrier is not sending the "*" or "#".

Sounds like your Telco is using compression on your PRI. They do that to conserve bandwidth.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
Try to run a DCH trace on the PRI channel and collect the digits punched on the call by the external user..

If there could be aany mismatch in the digits dialled update the same to the service provider

Are u facing this problem when a call is dialed from a specific service provider or with all the calls routed via the specified PRI

Depending on the carrier used to place the call into the system, I've had this issue with AT&T cell phones for years. LG cell phones seem to work fine, but not other brands. This is on an 8X24 DR5
with StarTalk VM. It is very intermittent. It was not the equipment causing it.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,948 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024