web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I have a client that I've been taking care of off and on for a while now and they recently moved to a new location with another company and some new employees. After setting up two new CCR trees for them, I set up a number of VMboxes for the additional employees without incident. One of the new VMbox extensions I set up is only coming up as an information mailbox however, and won't let me change the type. I tried deleting and re-creating it, as well as pressing "1" in the setup to try and get to information mailbox admin but to no avail.

Can someone tell me what's going on here? The version is 3.0.

Thanks a bunch,

- Phil

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

It sounds like you have reach the max amount of mailbox's with out additional license. When you reach the limit the rest of the box's created are info only.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Hey Phil: Welcome to the boards!! welcome

As mcrackin has said, you probably have run out of mail boxes. I can only assume that you have a Call Pilot.
You can purchase additional mail boxes.
They come in packs of 4, 8, 16 and more if you need them.
If you buy TWO of the 4 pack you will spend more than ONE of the 8 pack. Keep that in mind.
You will also need to know your Call Pilot Serial Number (12 digits)

Talk to your distributor if you have one.
If not- send me an PM ( Private Mail )

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I just had the same issues on a call pilot 100, I went in inventoried the mailboxes and found 3 unused ones that I was able to delete and solve my customers immediate need

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
That's probably it. I'm headed back in there tomorrow morning and I believe that there are still a number of VMboxes from departed employees that I'll be able to delete.

I think that they must have downgraded the number of mailboxes when the system was upgraded a while back by someone else. They used to have a LOT of employees and I don't know if they got any credit for all of the VMboxes they were previously licensed for, but it sure seems like they should have.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

- Phil

Its not a matter of "credit"

the license allows a certain number of mailboxs and thats it

do a inventory , see what mailbox's are there , see what mailboxs are actully nededed then delete any not needed

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
Looks like I did a better job deleting the old MBs before than I thought... there are none left.

It just doesn't seem like much of an "upgrade" when you pay money to go from 50+ mailboxes to 8. I mention "credit" because I would think that you would get a reduced price or some other benefit based on the number of mailboxes you had previously since you had already paid for them once.

I wasn't involved in that upgrade though, so forgive my ignorance.

- Phil

You can't "downgrade" a CP once the licenses are generated they belong to the unit forever.

There may have been a problem with the unit and it needed to be reinstalled/replaced. at that time maybe not all of the licenses were re-entered.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
MrPhil Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for setting that straight. That makes sense, and that's how I thought it should be.

This is what we're getting from the vendor however, and it sounds like they didn't add the licenses back in. I looked through all of the files they had available when I was on-site the other day but could not find any license keys.

- Phil

-----

Phil, when they upgraded their Norstar in 07, they also purchase a new CallPilot Voicemail system with 10/mailboxes. In order to expand, they would need to purchase additional mailboxes. Since they had downsized at that time, 10 mailboxes was more than sufficient. The older system had more mailboxes but the two are not license compatible.

Software licenses are available in seats of 1, 4, 8, or 16. I have priced out the 4 and the 8. Let me know if you need anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:52 PM
Subject: RE: Norstar Meridian switch network termination for *****

I agree that they should certainly have more than 8 mailboxes available but the system will only allow us to create information mailboxes now, so it would appear that they have run out of licenses for them. I went through both numerically and by name (searching by first letter) and was unable to find any additional VMboxes to delete.

Did the license keys need to be re-entered when the system was upgraded a while back? If so, is it possible that they were not put back in?

***** is currently using the rest of their T1 for Internet access, so putting the ***** numbers on the PRI would further reduce their available bandwidth and they really don't have much to spare at the moment. I enabled disconnect supervision on the ***** lines to try and eliminate the possibility of idle lines being tied up by the system but they get a lot of calls, and it appeared that Verizon did not have their lines rolling over correctly, at least at first.

Regards,

- Phil

Judging by your email correspondence the voice mail was changed to a Call Pilot which only has the original 10 mailbox licenses. You need to purchase licences to add mailboxes. If you connect via the browser interface you can see exactly what mailboxes are used and by whom. It sounds like you are hunting via a telephone.

Your vendor is correct older licenses are not compatible the Call Pilot.

Older norstar voice mails did not require licensing for mailboxs. Out of the box their capacities were:

Flash 2 - 24 mailboxes
Flash 4 - 48 mailboxes
NAM - 250 mailboxes

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024