web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HiVolt Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I've purchased two Nortel BST Doorphones for my Norstar 4x16 system at the office. I was surprised how relatively easy it was to install them, following the manual. They are both working, I have set them up for two different chime types for the different doors.

However, one thing I cannot figure out is how to get multiple sets to ring indicating which doorbell is calling. In the Doorphone Admin Setup (F9*4) there is a "Call DN" entry, and it's currently set to 21 (main phone). If I set the rings to 1 or more, the DN 21 phone rings displaying which doorphone is calling, then sends a page chime on the entire system. I want multiple DN's to ring, namely 21, 22, 23, 26 & 31.

In the Doorphone manual there is a tidbit saying it can be done by programming "Answer DN's" on one phone, but I've no idea how to set that up. I've browsed the PDF file I have for my system (CICS 6.1 System Coordinator Guide.pdf) and I havent' been able to find anything about Answer DN's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Ans DN in under "Terminals & Sets" in system programming.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Admin
Online Happy
Admin
You could also use a hunt group if you switched to 3 digit DNs...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
If you insist on using Ans DN's, I would suggest aiming the doorphones to "closet" extension. Otherwise EVERY time ext 21 rings, the others will as well.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
HiVolt Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I got it all set up! I assigned the doorphone DN extension ring to a cordless set that's not used by anyone in particular, then assigned that one as Answer DNs on the sets I wanted to ring.

If you have a spare port (no set) just program it for the call DN extension and have the other phones have an answer DN Key for it.

HiVolt Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, I do have spare ports. I thought it had to be an active DN with a set attached.

Thanks, I'll try it.

HiVolt Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got another question with regard to the doorphone... I've got two normal sets on the shop floor, as well as a page speaker amp.

When the doorphone chime rings, it's fairly quiet. Is the chime volume adjustable anywhere? The sets are set to ring at their loudest for calls (and they do, they can wake up the dead) but the chime is not loud enough for the shop floor ambient noise.

Or maybe there's a way to have the chime go over the page speaker? Right now it doesn't.

Online Content
First try F86, turn volume up, then F#86
or
Get a self Amplified Horn and tap into the speaker leads of a set.
Suggest to use some old crap set that will only be used for that.

Dont forget to tag that port Do Not Use and mention why, or the next guy will hook up a set and mess your programming up.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Something you can try, it works well... have the door phone chime the page output. You can then call the door phone DN from any phone and speak to whom ever is there.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024