web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14671 01/26/07 10:38 AM
OP Offline
So, we started out with a Neax IVS 2000 (10 years old), and the person I replaced here decided to replace the Neax with a Merlin Legend R7 (2 years newer than the Neax, I believe). We've since discovered that there are newer, better options out there, and don't necessarily cost more, and would most certainly be much more upgradeable in the future.
We are now shopping around again for a new system with a few base features, but are having trouble picking a brand. There've been horror stories with almost any brand you could mention, but usually that's a dealer problem, not always with the phone system itself.
I know everybody has their own favorite phone systems, but if it's at all possible, could someone recommend a phone system based on both our present and future needs?

We currently need an 8x15 system with voice-mail, auto-attendant and possible outlook integration (we'd prefer to be able to code the program ourselves, but realize a lot of the phone systems are proprietary that way, or only work with MS). We'll be looking to expand that by 50/60 phones at some point, so being able to go beyond 20 or 30 phones is essential.
Ease of use is, of course, mandatory. We'd love something that doesn't require a technician out every time we want to re-program one or two things.

We also need wireless phones and/or headsets, since there's a huge warehouse we must navigate to do various things, and we need to keep our hands free.

does anybody have any suggestions at all on brands for any of the above? I've heard that plantronics is the best in the headset field, and while I don't really have a valid opinion on the matter (headsets don't fit in my ears very well), I tend to agree with that consensus

thank you for any time any of you put into this, it would be very much appreciated by both myself and my boss

-Laura F
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#14672 01/26/07 10:45 AM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Look at ESI Systems , They start as small as 4X8

and grow all the way up to the newest 600

Phones will work on any of the ESI platforms.

All of the features You are looking for are already Built in !

www.esi-estech.com/

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
#14673 01/26/07 11:18 AM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Nortel MICS system & phones, Plantronics CS-55 or CS-70 Headsets should do the trick.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#14674 01/26/07 11:28 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by nonameyet:
Look at ESI Systems , They start as small as 4X8

and grow all the way up to the newest 600

Phones will work on any of the ESI platforms.

All of the features You are looking for are already Built in !

www.esi-estech.com/
yes, they start out that small and you can buy a bigger one. I want a system that can be upgraded itself, or to a newer machine for a discount from the manufacturer since we've got a previous machine

-Laura F
#14675 01/26/07 11:29 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by MooreTel:
Nortel MICS system & phones, Plantronics CS-55 or CS-70 Headsets should do the trick.

Dave
How easy to use is the Nortel?
and thank you on the Plantronics recommendations

-Laura F
#14676 01/26/07 12:41 PM
Nortel is very flexable. I've sold Nortel to many client who had other systems before and couldn't believe the big differences and flexibilities with Nortel.

Mind you, there are some annoyances as well, just like any system.

I know that Nortel is not that big in the States, but in Canada, it was and still is very popular, thanks largely to Bell selling it.

To me, I can just tell perpective clients to look around in almost any commercial office or store & they'll see Nortel systems.

What do you mean by a system that "upgrades itself"?

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#14677 01/26/07 12:55 PM
Admin
Admin
The Transtel TDS series has web base programming which makes changes as easy as point and click on a web page. The basic system starts out with a 80 port cabinet which you can stack upto 640 ports. I would suggest something like the Engenius cordless phones for your warehouse.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#14678 01/26/07 01:17 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Get ahold of a certified Panasonic dealer and take a look at the TDA system. Start with a 100 and everything but the empty cabinet will grow with you into the TDA 600. The system has a proprietary 'mini-cell' system that will work perfectly in your warehouse. Of course, a lot of other brands have pretty much the same features. As you observed in your postings, most problems wind up being dealer non-support, which is not a brand specific problem. To plagarize the real estate industry,'dealer, dealer, dealer.

John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#14679 01/26/07 01:49 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I agree. The Panasonic TDA is perfect for the application. The phones themselves have a relatively large footprint, but since they stand up at a high angle, it's not too much of a problem. If you are seriously needing wireless, it really does offer some pretty exciting flexibility.

Vodavi's XTS will also give you the expansion you need by just adding expansion cabinets and cards. All original cards remain, except for a possible processor upgrade when going beyond certain capacities. In a single-system environment, it will provide up to 492 stations, or 600 total ports.

Both of these systems are only sold by certified dealers, so they aren't going to be the cheapest ones you might encounter. By your having gone through two systems already in ten years indicates that someone was shopping based upon price only, not the quality of the dealer.

That's the key: The installing company. THEY are what will make the system do what you need. The cheap ones are just looking to make a quick buck, so you need to steer clear of the price mindset. Being a legitimate installation company requires significant training, inventory, inside AND outside support personnel, warranty, licenses (NOT just business licenses; CONTRACTOR'S licenses), spare parts inventory.......the list could go on forever.

You'll find that there are quite a large number of great systems out there that will meet your current and future needs. I just can't stress enough that you aren't buying just a product; you are entering into a relationship with your dealer. That makes this a decision that's so easily clouded when shopping with price blinders on. Do it right, interview many dealers and check their licensing and references thoroghly. It also doesn't hurt to ask for proof of liability and worker's compensation insurance. If they can't provide you with this, well there's your sign.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#14680 01/26/07 02:26 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by clightninghorse:
Of course, a lot of other brands have pretty much the same features. As you observed in your postings, most problems wind up being dealer non-support, which is not a brand specific problem. To plagarize the real estate industry,'dealer, dealer, dealer.

John C.
Welcome to the board Laura.

What John has said is very true.

The dealer you buy from is one of the most important decisions you will have to make. As there are many systems out there that will do what you need.
I would definitely ask for a reference list and use it.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024