web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BayCom Offline OP
OP Offline
Working on CICS w/Callpilot 100 that answers and plays 2 greetings in tandem. I cannot find anyplace on the CP100 that the older 2nd greeting is recorded. I even recorded a new greeting number and assigned it to the Greeting Table 1 setup. The new greeting plays followed by the old greeting. I wonder where the old recording might be found and deleted?

Any help is appreciated
Thankyou
BayCom

You only need to know the right button to push-
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Most likely in the "AA".

The proper way to do the greetings is to record the VERY BASIC info, such as "Good day, thank you for calling ABC Company" and maybe a bit more, such as "for (the 2nd language) press 9". Not much else.

ALL THE REST goes in either the "AA" or "CCR" depending on the complexity of your setup.

Remember the "KISS method" (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Admin
Admin
Check F983>AA>TABLE>AA MENU PROMPT:NO

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
BayCom Offline OP
OP Offline
Simple is best-

I have been smoothing out the bumps from the prior installer. I put the CP100 on the network for access to CP Manager

In CP Manager I have made a short greeting and menu prompt in one recording at AA/Company Greeting 7, and assigned that Greeting 7 to Greeting Table 1 Setup along with the CCR for all times. The menu prompt is for caller direct-transfer to extensions from that level - no more tree. The call transfers work very well.

The other 6 recorded Greetings are different than the one that always plays after the correct new Greeting.

I am not using any of the CICS AA features, AA is OFF according to the extension display. maybe I have overlooked a location on CICS where the offending Greeting is hiding.

I have tried calling into the system from line 2 & 3 with the same results - the correct Greeting plays followed after several seconds by the old Greeting.

Any suggestions on how to locate or bypass the phantom Greeting that follows the correct Greeting, or to follow KISS more closely?

Thank you for Help <smile>

JW/BayCom

BayCom Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Toner - thanks for the path info. I'll try that when back on site.
It really can be that simple - you only have to know what button to push.

seems like I tried F983 & reply was 'Not Allowed in Admin'....but I will have a go at it.

JW/BayCom

Not sure how complex your setup is, but it may be simpler and more timely to just initialize the CP and redo your programming. That way you know it is done right, and any offending greetings will be gone.

JW- I sent you P.M

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,330 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024