Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#148862 05/11/11 12:53 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have installed numerous CICS w/ 7.1 software and CI trunk cards installed. I am getting calls from customers that every once in awhile Caller ID will quit displaying on the phones on Line 1. All other Lines are ok. I will go out and check at the Demarc, and Caller ID is fine. Go in and place a test call to the system on Line 1, and no information displays on the phones. If I power down the KSU, reseat the CI trunk card, and power back up...everything works normal again. This will work fine for a few months and then must be powered down to fix again. Is this a bug in the 7.1 software? I do not seem to have any other CICS w/ older software exhibit this problem.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

#148863 05/11/11 02:37 PM
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Only on line 1?

If you have two trunk cards switch slots. That will tell you if the card is bad.

If only one card, either switch it out or bring line 1 to line 2 port and line 2 to line 1 port.

You gotta find out if it is the line, the card or the system.

DOn't know of any bug in 7.1 for that.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
#148864 05/11/11 03:51 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I agree with Jim, but it also sounds like this is going to take some time to prove/disprove if you change the card because you'll have to wait a few months to know one way or the other.

WHEN IT'S DOING IT, BUT BEFORE POWERING IT DOWN

First thing: re-terminate on the block...maybe be all it is. Call in & see what happens.

Second: change the lines from 1 to 2. Should know right away if it's the card. Call in & see what happens.

Last: Swap the cards or change it. But you'll have to wait some time to see.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#148865 05/12/11 07:19 AM
I've had the same problem and posted a topic on it a couple wqeeks ago. So far there has been no easy fix. We've replaced the KSU at two locations and that seemed to fix the problem but at a third a new KSU, software and CI card did not fix the problem. Someone posted that it may be a low CID signal from the carrier but he didn't say how to test or better yet prove to the phone company that it is their problem. Good luck, I feel your pain.

#148866 05/12/11 02:11 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Only have one trunk card at these locations. Only happening on line 1. All other lines are ok. I do not believe it is a carrier issue, as I can get CID information at the demarcation when the KSU is experiencing problems. Don't think it is a termination problem as the line works fine for everything else...can call out, receive calls, use other line features, just no caller id. I will double check that though to be safe.

The next time it happens, I will try swapping line ports and see if the problems follows.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,761 Shoretel
188,959 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Coral Tech), 90 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024