web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
TJMCAPS Offline OP
OP Offline
I lost a MICS station module over the weekend. I have cp ports 3 and 4 on this module. CP is in a continuous reboot. When I setup procomm plus, i see the information spitting out of the call pilot. I suspect it will not completely boot up because it is looking for ports 3 and 4. What is the best way to disable these ports so that the CP will work on 2 ports until I get the station module replaced?
I checked, I do have a new 8V power supply.
Tj

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

You cannot disable CP ports.

Can you provide more info such as posting the hyper read out or the light status indicators in detail?.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

if you lost a station module, wouldn't you just replace it? If not then change your voice mail to 2 ports on another station module

Kevin
Centennial Telecom
Las Vegas
(702) 689-4090
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I recommend installing a Flash or Call Pilot on the main chassis, not on modules.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
I am in 100 percent agreement with dave

Kevin
Centennial Telecom
Las Vegas
(702) 689-4090
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I am 110% agreement with Dave...

And from the sounds of it..you have the ports split on different modules? Thats not a good idea either..

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
TJMCAPS Offline OP
OP Offline
moved the remaining 2 vm ports onto the main chassis. when I go into the programming, I see all 4 ports with startalk displayed on both the B1 and B2 channels. I plugged a phone into each of these vm ports and Feature *0 each and it came up with correct ext number.
I tried the **xftest and removed the 9XX features but I might off gotten carried away with this and even removed the 9*1 which I think was a mistake. I wound up restoring the data base from a backup that I did 2 weeks ago in case the database was corupt. When I plug in the procomm plus, I see the system recognizing the 4 channels and it tells me that it is ready but all my feature codes state feature inactive. I dont see a green light on the right side of the CP which i am expecting. anything else that I should try before replacing the CP150. This system was working fine for the last 2 years with the current setup.

The CP port one is damaged or your software is corupt. A CP will function on only the 1st port connected, but it won't work without the first port.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
TJMCAPS Offline OP
OP Offline
I am suspecting that you are right about CP port one since it is was originally using DN300 and when I test DN300 with a phone, it works. I have some star flash units laying around, can I use these as a temporary solution while I get the cp repaired. my vendor doesn't have any 150's in stock, they want me to substitute a cp100. I will have to hand load the cp100 I assume, might as well hand load the star flash.

TJMCAPS Offline OP
OP Offline
I brought the CP150 to the vendor. we found the PCMCIA card had failed. replaced the card and system is now up and running. thanks for the input.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 153 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024