web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I recently was dispatched to a new customer site with an existing 1232DSHS/TVS 200.

I connected no problem to the KSU via the Panasonic PC SW, but when I connected to the TVS 200 (hyperterminal) it asked for an "administrative password".

I've never needed password to program a TVS before.

Is there a back door to circumvent the password, or a way to disable it with out defaulting the entire VM?

Also, they said very recently the line privacy stopped working. Now anyone can pick up a line in use and join the conversation (like privacy release).

I couldn't find in the manual or in the database menus any reference to privacy on the lines or stations other than privacy release, which requires the user to dial a code to allow the other party to join the conversation.

Can somebody point me in the right direction so this new customer doesn't think I'm a bonehead?? (which is debatable!!)

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you try just hitting the enter key?
Did you try 1234?

If someone put a password on the terminal the only way to reset it is to default it or put an external modem on it and have Panasonic Tech. support reset it. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
The other problem is in the TD1232.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] There is no way you should be able to go off hook on a CO line or press a CO button and join a call even if executive busy override is activated. You should still have to hold the button down a few seconds.
make sure program field 505 is is disabled.

OP Offline
I'll try 505.

I tried it myself. If there's a red CO key, all I have to do is press it and it turns green and I'm in the conversation.....

on the TA 624 you would enter programming and go into 999, select "all para" and press store.
It shouldn't take long to reprogram it as it isn't that large of a system.

For the TVS you would power it down, turn dip switch 1 & 3 to the right and the others to the left. power it up with the lap top connected.
and hyperterm running.
it should go into an auto test and say "apits established" This is after you take care of the TA624 and assign the voicemail ports.

One more thing, make sure you have both of those units on a UPS. One with AVR so that it will correct any voltage fluctuations.

OP Offline
Yeah, I tried 1234 and just enter.
the previous vendor put a password on it.

Well then you either have to default it or have Tech. support reset through an external modem.
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,454 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 134 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024