Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ka_tech Offline OP
OP Offline
My system has been working great until I wanted to use the Caller ID functionality. We have an automated attendant answer all the incoming calls and then the caller enters the extension. All I want is to pass the caller id info to the extension. I can't get this to work right ... I did get this to work with some crazy forwarding but this caused all the lights on the phone (KX-T7730) to blink for each extension. Is this possible to do? I feel I am missing something simple.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Your 624 does require an optional Caller ID Card.
Have you checked Sys Prog 900 for caller ID assignment to CO lines?

ka_tech Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes. It does have the card. And it is set-up for caller id for the CO. The system is getting the caller id information, but I can't get it to send the caller id information to the extension. It appears to work if I don't have an automated attendant set-up, but when the caller uses the automated attendant to get to an extension I lose the caller ID informaion. The extension says call from CO-1 or C0-2, w/ no caller id information.

Does it work if you turn off the auto attendant.
It may be that you don't have the auto attendant delayed enough to get the cid info.

ka_tech Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I did get it to work with the auto attendant turned off. But with the auto attendant turned on it didn't work.

I guess my real question is ... am I trying to do something this system cannot do? Has anyone been able to get this to work with an automated attendant?

Of coarse it works.
Do you have the TVS 50 set for a delay of 1 or 2 rings so it can grab the cid Info. ?

ka_tech Offline OP
OP Offline
I love it ... "of course it will work!" [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] Nice direct answer. Great then I will keep trying to get this to work. Ok .. it is set to pick up after 1 ring. What do you suggest I set it too.

I have the same setup at my house, I have Vmail on a DIL to Vmail. When it transfers out of VMail it shows caller ID so yes it indeed works. Ensure you have program 900 setup. Other then that you should be fine, you could always hook up to the SMDR and see if you get caller ID there to ensure it is getting to the system.

[This message has been edited by OhioTelecom (edited December 17, 2004).]

I think your in over your head.
Contrary to what most internet dealers want you to believe, this really isn't a "plug & play" system.
I would recommend you call a Tech.

------------------
Don't get me started!

Wait for Caller ID (WCID)
Use the WCID command to specify the length of time (in seconds) the VPS must wait for the
Caller ID after the VPS has received the incoming call from the PBX

use procomm or hyperterm

Type WCID, then Press RETURN.
output to screen
$ WCID
WAIT TIME FOR CALLER ID (5 sec) [0-60 sec] : = 0(input 5sec)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (dexman, justbill), 139 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024