Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#152441 01/17/05 07:58 PM
matt232 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All,

Please bear with me I'm starting well behind the 8 ball on this one.

I've inherited a KX-TD1232AL system at work and getting mountains of requests to deal with current configuration issues, least of which being changing the time.

I've just spend an hour dabbling with the Programmator Software and pretty much come to the same conclusion that most here have, its useless and I REALLY don't trust it.

So my question is what are my alternatives for changing the programming on this thing? Is there special software available? Can I use HyperTerminal to access a command menu (i.e. like a Cisco router)? Or other option?

I've been looking at the User Manual and seems like I need a different Handset to perform most of the commands.

At present we have KX-T7565, KX-T7451 and KX-T7433 handsets (with a couple of KX-T7441 DSS units) but the user manual seems to suggest that I'd need a KX-T7235, KX-T7436AL or KX-T7456 or later handsets in the same model. (Don't quote me on those codes, just going but similar capabilities of the handset since the KX-T72xx models are a little hard to come by these days.) Am I reading all that right or do our current handsets give us enough functionality to change time, extensions labels and outgoing line availability (the three main complaints)?

Also at a more basic level, is there any good online articles about basic principles of PABX programming that I could perhaps pick up more of the lingo and acronyms to be better equipped with dealing with this?

Any assistance with getting my head around this would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

No hyperterm or proccom just the panasonic software you get from panasonic Which is country coded. You can Program from the phone. The 7433 will work fine you dont need the old 72xx series.

1st find the prog...phone this is normaly the lowest ext no [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]ie 101 or 201)
press programe button
type **1234
display should say (user prog no [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
type 000
display should say (date time set)
press sp phone button
date should be on the display
use the fwd/dnd button to move the curser right .use the conf button to move left
use the auto answer / mute button to change things like day of the week
when all changed press autodial/store button to keep

to program a button (DO NOT REPROGRAM THE LINE BUTTONS )

1ST press programe button (if no prog...button press pause button.

dial 99
press the button you want to change

press 1 (if you want it to be a quick dial to an ext
press 2 if you want it to be an outside no:

if an ext (dial ext no: ie 106 then press autodial/store

if outside (dial 9-then no [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]ie 045898611 then press auto dial/store

hope this helps

or mail me for more

matt232 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Slim and Peter. I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I fair.

Enjoy!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,437 Shoretel
188,283 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024