Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#152528 02/04/05 04:55 AM
jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
My research says the 1232/TVS-200 won't do this, but I thought I would throw it out and see if anyone else had run into it.

My client wants his missed (no answer) calls to have their caller id logged on his 7436. Trouble is, apparently, once the call is handed back to the VPS from the 'no answer' and goes to his voice mail box, the caller id stream stops there and no caller id is logged at the telephone instrument. Anyone ever found a way around this?

Thanks,
JJJ

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

set the transfer for this ext to unscreened or change all to unscreened and use call fwd to V Mail. Screened transfers from any source do not log, unscreened transfers do

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much... I hadn't tried that.

JJJ

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing... I disabled all call transfer features (from the station's VM) including, of course, call screening and I'm still not logging Caller IDs on missed calls (calls that transferred to VM by station call forwarding on busy/no answer.)

Thanks for the help,
JJJ

No I ment go into the v mail w/ hyperterminal
to switch settings, chan ge extension xfer from
fxa or fxw to fxd. this will cause the system to transfer the call and release it, then the call will be handled by call fwd settings, this will cause 2 things to happen 1. CID will show on display of called phone. 2. If the phone is not answered the VM plays the Personal greeting to the caller instead of "Im sorry no one is available to take your call, press 1 to leave a message, star to try another ext or zero for the operator".
You can also use Alt ext group to have some ext blind xfer and others supervised.

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Well... I actually already tried that on a colleague's suggestion so I'm already set to FXD (and I went back in and looked to be sure I left it that way.) It does display the CID on the instrument, does play the personal greeting directly when transferred to voice mail, but I still don't get a 'New' call logged on the instrument.

I know this is tiresome to troubleshoot without being onsite and I appreciate your suggestions. I suspect I may have another setting somewhere that's keeping my situation from being identical to the one you're describing...

I haven't given up yet. :-)

Thanks,
JJJ

Is your call log locked at the extension??
57 +3 digit code locks and unlocks.
Operator can override. From operator or manager
Pgm 99 02 ext autodial/save. Replac e ext w/* to unlock all ext.

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Good thought, but no. If I turn off forwarding from the instrument (FWD/DND) and then just let the caller hang up when there was no answer, it logs the CID as New. The logging seems to be functioning fine. It's just when I have the instrument set to forward to voice mail (5-165) that it no longer logs missed calls (calls that are forwarded to the extension's mailbox).

Curious, eh?

Thanks,
JJJ

what about when using 3-165 or 4-165?

jjjtech Offline OP
OP Offline
Same result... CID is displayed during ringing, but is not logged as a new call once it forwards to VM.

Wonder if there was a change in the station software/firmware at some point. The 1232 is rev '3' so I would imagine these phones are similar in age...

Thanks
JJJ

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,308 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024