web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I got a KX-TD816 with KX-TVS100 two port system. The system is more than 3 years old already.

There are 3 CO lines are connect to the KSU.
CO1 and CO2 is regular phone line from SBC.
CO3 is come from a VOIP company.

I want to implement a routing service which allow me from outside call into CO1 or CO2 then route to CO3 to any outside phone numbers with a flat rate benefit.

As I know , DISA card can provide CO to CO service, but KX-TD191 DISA card seems only work with KX-TD1232.

The other way seems program the Voice Mail processer, make a extension number mapping to CO3. Then I can call from CO1 or CO2 then dial the extension number , so I can reach CO3 and dial the other outside phone numbers to enjoy the flat rate which come from VOIP service.

Can anybody give me a suggestion? How to implement the CO to CO service by my current system?
Or I need to purchase any additional card to upgrade it for that purpose?
Can you give me a simple instruction about how to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

------------------

[This message has been edited by alexleau (edited March 05, 2005).]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Anybody can help?

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Not sure what exactly you want to accomplish, but it sounds like you want to do a conference call using line 3.

OP Offline
Thanks for your reply.
Sorry for can't descript it more clear.

Let me try to descript it again by the other way.

Currently, The system is a KX-TD816 with a two port KX-TVS100 system.

There are 3 telephone lines are connect to KX-TD816's CO1, CO2, CO3

CO1, CO2 is regular phone lines, the service provider is SBC's local phone service.

CO3 is a Special telephone line, which came from a VOIP service provider.

They provide a VOIP box, there are two connector in the box. One side is ethernet network connector which connected to internet. The other side is a RJ-11 phone connector which provide a dial tone linking to KX-TD816 CO3.

There are 12 extension phones in this office. Any phone which dial CO3 will direct go to the VOIP box and connect to the VOIP service provider by internet, and the VOIP service provider will route your call to any real phone numbers no matter what number you are calling. ( Local or international all are work)
So if you call a international phone call by the CO3, it's much much cheaper than a regular long distance service.

In this office , everybody can enjoy the low cost long distance service if they dial from CO3.

But they want to get the same benefit from their home phone or mobile phone too.

The idea is if they call from outside of the office, use CO1 or CO2 reach the KX-TD816.
And they key in password, then the system will allow them have the access right to dial out from CO3, so they can have a long distance call with local call's rate.

For a example, if I use my mobile phone call into the office's PBX CO1 or CO2(just like 1-510-3833883 or 1-510-2832883), then I dial 9 and a international number as 011-86-223211234 , So I can use my mobile phone to make a international call to China but only pay a regular rate for my mobile phone.

Hope these description can make it more clear.

What you would need to accomplish that is whats called a DISA card. But it is only for the bigger system 1232.

OP Offline
Thanks for OhioTelecom's reply.
Yes, I got the same answer too.

I ever heard people said this is a DISA card's function.
And the KX-TD191 DISA card should work.

The only problem is the KX-TD191 only work with KX-TD1232. Not support KX-TD816. And our system is KX-TD816.

Before I am not sure this is true or not, now I base on your information, I know it's true and our KX-TD816 system can't deal with this solution.

Since we must deal with our current KX-TD816 system, I am trying to find the other way to solve the problem.

And I ever read a document say you can use Voice Mail processer to create a extension number which mapping to a CO line.

Then anybody who dial that extension can direct been forward to that co line and get a outside calling.

But I still can't find the document, so I try to get help from here, to see anybody can help about the special issue.

you could try this as a test
forward all calls on a spare ext to 83*then ring that ext you should get dialtone back

if so get new line connected to your system you should have at least one spare line on the card direct all calls on that line to a spare slt ext and leave that ext on forward all calls to 83* you could then ring the new line when you want to use the service.

OP Offline
COOL!!

Thanks for peter doyle's reply.

I will test it at this weekend.
Let's see what happen...
Thanks!!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,903 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024