web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
fbjoe Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a brand new kx-td1232-7 I am replacing a kxt-1232 with. We purchased this unit for its UCD capabilities.

The GOAL is this:

Customers call and get a custom menu. They press 4 for sales. There are three salespeople to take the call, I want UCD to circulate between them. If all busy they go to a UCD timetable and eventually to Phantom 200. I want them to end up in mailbox 200 if no one answers the phantom. Similarly, pressing 0 goes to Phantom 100. I want those to end up in mailbox 100 if not answered.

THe problem:

I have a kx-tvs100 receving DIL 1:1 on all lines and doing custom service.

So now I have IRNA set to Ext 165 to drop unanswered calls to VM ext 165. But if a UCD extension gets rung and doesn't asnwer, the AA just says "no one is available. Thank you for calling" and hangs up. That's _bad_. I do have a mailbox created for the floating number (192).

The UCD group is set to overflow to a phantom extension 200. I have created mailbox 200. It doesn't even get here if there is a single person in the UCD group who has stepped away.

When all UCD extensions are busy, the transfer to phantom 200 works, but if phantom 200 goes unanswered I get the main generic AA menu. Why not mailbox 200?

We used to use Auto-Answer for announcing calls and CF/BNA to get calls to voice mail. It seems both these features are incompatible with UCD or station hunting. I do not look forward to training everyone on the difference between the "transfer" and the "voicemail transfer" keys (which our 7030 sets will have to have on a CO button), and they like to shout across the room with auto-answer. Must they give that up?

In summary:

How do I get UCD to bypass a member who has walked away? Losing calls because someone forgot to "logout" when they stepped across the room is bad. Setting the group to a ring group instead of UCD group results in the same response (goodbye, hangup) if no one in the group answers.

How do i get unanswered calls at phantom 100 and 200 to go to the corresponding mailbox?

Is it possible to use Auto-Answer with UCD?

Do i have to forgo the nice integration between CF/BNA and voicemail for station hunting groups?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

fbjoe Offline OP
OP Offline
Followup:

I learned about incomplete call handling service in the TVS100. The TVS100 is retrieving calls before the UCD timetable kicks in - i dont know how to get calls transferred from the AA to the UCD group and have the UCD timetable take effect instead.

So now the AA transfers to 192 - the UCD group. Mailbox 192 is setup with covering ext 200 - the phantom ext. Incomplete service on 192 is setup to transfer to covering ext. All this works.

But, if phantom 200 doesn't answer the TVS just says "no one is available to answer the call. goodbye" and hangs up the call - even though mailbox 200 incomplete handling service is setup for "leave a message".

Any ideas how I can get these unanswered calls at phantom 200 to go to voice mail? (after they have been transferred to 192 via AA menu, and then to 200 via covering extension incomplete service)

thanks again,

FBJoe

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,458 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,090 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Keyset6, justbill), 147 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024