Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#153524 07/11/05 05:11 AM
lguskey Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I'd like to pick your collective brains a bit to see what the best solution to my problem may be. I have an operator that would like to forward her extension (or rather the day bell) to a group of phones. To do this I've created ring group 6 (ext 292). The problem is, she has a hard time following "complex" instructions and has trouble forwarding the extension properly. (err not that forwarding a phone is complex, but it seems to be beyond this person's grasp.)
I'm wondering if it's possible to create a flex key that would allow forwarding of the day bell (ext 204), which all of our incoming calls ring on, to ring group 6 (ext 292)? Or perhaps there is a better solution that you salty dogs know of and recommend using... Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Louis

Louis Guskey
I.T. Consultant
Spitfire Technology Group, Inc.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

lguskey Offline OP
OP Offline
I forgot to mention, that the system we're using is a KX-TD1232 and the phone is a KX-T7433. Sorry about that..

Louis Guskey
I.T. Consultant
Why not call forward her phone on all calls to 292.
fwd/dnd 2 292
Once it's set you should be able to toggle it on and off just by pressing the fwd/dnd button.
I believe the ver.4 will allow CFWD to a ring group but it's been a while and I really don't remember.
MrG

lguskey Offline OP
OP Offline
It looks as if I have an earlier version of the software (P101E60905A) and it doesn't support forward to ring group. When I try to forward I get an "Not Valid" error. With that being said, is there a way that I can update the software on my switch (via the rs-232 port), or do I need to have a panasonic dealer do the upgrade?

Thanks for all your help! This forum has been extremely useful in lowering the learning curve for this td-1232 system. Keep up the great work!

Louis

Louis Guskey
I.T. Consultant
P101EA is a version 1.
Not much you can do to that without changing the CPU.
Are you using the day/night feature of the system?
If not you may be able to use it to switch from all calls to the attendant to all calls to a group.
BTW, the 7400 series phones really shouldn't be on any system earlier the version 3

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited July 13, 2005).]

lguskey Offline OP
OP Offline
We do shift it into night mode at close of business, but I always thought that was a function of the voicemail system (TVS-100). If I understand correctly, I should be able to shift the system into night mode and then set ext 292 (RG6) as the night operator?

Also, I'm afraid to ask, but what should I expect to pay for a cpu and software upgrade? We currently have 2 td1232 units configured for 64 digital and 64 analog (total). We're considering scraping it, since it's not expandable beyond it's current config. Any suggestions for a replacement?

Louis Guskey
I.T. Consultant
On that old version the day/night of the system and that of the TVS operatly seperately.
There is a schedule for the TVS and the KXTD can be manual or use a schedule.
I'll e mail you some Info.
How about completing your profile for us.
Thanks, MrG.

[This message has been edited by MrGemini (edited July 13, 2005).]

lguskey Offline OP
OP Offline
Profile should be complete. Let me know if there is any other information you need.
Thanks again for your help!

Louis

Louis Guskey
I.T. Consultant

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,330 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024