Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
use all pf buttons for exts and use speeddial
for your dialing out!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Originally posted by kxtda:
use all pf buttons for exts and use speeddial
for your dialing out!!
See, I get conflicting information.

This is the exact opposite of what I'm talking about.

KXTDA, your telling me the speed dial buttons are for dialing out only?

Because others tell me they can be assign to extensions.

With all due respect MrGemini, I have been screwed by salesmen telling me " Yes" to everything in order to get a sale then after I find out it does not work, refusing to return it/fix it.

If I'm keeping a system for 20+ years, I am going to do my homework before I make a decision and paying for all the installation. I must be certain before I do this that I have picked the right system for my needs.

For example, if I'm buying a car.

Step#1 Find the Brand I want.
Step#2 Find the model I want.
Step#3 Make sure it does everything I need it to do such as enough trunk space for golf bag, 0-60 speed, cruise control, reliability reports, safety test, etc..

Step#4 Then I go test drive it to make sure.
Step#5 Buy the car.

What do you expect me to go, drive into the first car dealer I find and say, hey look, this one is red, I'll take it.

I still don't have enough information to break the Panasonic/Samsung tie. I have constructed a spreadsheet of the advantages and disadvantages of both side in a side-by-side comparison.

So if you think I'm wasting your time, then just ignore this post and go about your own business. No one is forcing you to read this or respond.

Believe it or not there are actually some people in here who care about helping others.

To Quote Enstien:
Porgram a Pf Button (button on the right side of
button field that looks just like the buttons on the left side except do not illuminate when activated or when stimulated by other stations)
Press PROGRAM
Press button you wish to program.
Dial extension number or feature number AKA "PAGE"
"PAGE ANSWER" "DOORPHONE CALL" "GROUP RING" ETC. ETC. ETC.
Press "AUTO DIAL/STORE

Although most customers I have observed just use the PAGE and a PAGE ANSWER button. It's a lot easier just to page and say JIM BOB pick up the phone, JIM BOB goes to any phone lifts reciever or press SPEAKER and press PAGE ANSWER. If cordless phones or cell phones involved, have a group ring button on all phones, push button and all phones ring or group of phones ring.

If you are really going to keep this system 20 years, better stick with Pan or Nortel.
Norstar and Panasonic can use phones made 20 years ago. Most other systems come and go and are replaced with totally new system every 5 -6 years, some sooner, some later. If you had a Pan system fron 1988 and the phones were getting old and funky, just pop on some new modern phones, Bada Boom, Bada Bing, new system and you still know how it works.
Also I don't think you will keep the system no 20 years. computer- no. Tv -NO. Stereo- Maybe.

You need to get with a dealer and set up contract so that all concerns are met.
First, if I were your dealer, I'd be wary of some one so picky. This is a lot of programming and testing. You would pay for 80% of it on installation. We would get all info from you as how to set up system. When done the system would be password protected until you were in agreement that system worked as outlined in contract. Then you would pay remaining balance. Any changes outside of the contract specs would be T&M.
When check clears, we would give you password to system. Then, software wise, it's your baby.
If there were a problem we would call in and upload the last backup we made to set it right,
then make any needed changes and charge you for it. Or come out if we had to.

You can't do it all from the computer.
IMHO all home phones should have backlight on the keypad and display, a battery backup large enough to run the system for a few hours, and power fail
jacks and phones in case system gets zapped, also quick disconnect for CO lines from system.

A spread sheet to buy a little phone system??
My GOD Jim!!! Will it never end??

:toast:

Sorry. Went and looked at Samsung phones. UGLY!!
Handset sucks. If it's Not K Style, it sucks.
Anyone who uses phone a lot knows why.
My GOD Jim, is that an Andorian snake in your pants or are you just glad to see my new assistant????????

cool

OP Offline
brokeda, the phone system I bought for my office, we kept for over 20 years.

The phone system I bought for my current house, I think we have used for over 10 years without any need to ever change it.

Since the installation is so much money, I did not want to pay for something that I would have to return and get replaced again unless I was sure I liked it.

Both the systems I have in my Office and house are normally full business systems. I have run into trouble with both of them lacking features and abilities.

For example, the Samsung has a 2-line Display on all phones. When an inbound call comes in, you would expect to see both Caller ID name and Caller ID number on the display right?

Instead I will only show the number and the trunk it came in on.

So for my house, I would see the phone ring and it would say
" 8175554745"
" Trunk 01"

Personally, I don't care because in my house everything is going to be "TRUNK 01" but I care about Caller ID name on those calls.

The NEC phone I have in my house does not keep any call logs or call history on any phone. So I can’t find out if I missed a call or dial someone’s number. I have to take a pad of paper and a pen and physically write down the caller ID information.

brokeda, you seem like a good guy and I think I would deal with you if I was in your area. I have had phone installers before in the past charge me $6,000 dollars for a card on a phone system. Only to find that the entire phone system with all its expansion cabinets, cards, 100+ phones is not even worth $5 to anyone. The new installer in my office told me that if I paid him $20, he would take it to the trash for me.

I called people to see if they wanted the system, they would not even offer me $1 for it because they say all the parts are worthless however I got charged like $6,000 from this guy for 1 card in the system.

The Panasonic seem like a good system however I wish you had 1-touch room-to-room DSS buttons without having to first press intercom or also did not have to press an auto-ans key. I do wish they had digital phones instead of analog for better quality. However, I do like the build-in voice mail, caller ID to all lines, lighted display.

How many voicemail boxes can you have on the build-in voicemail system? Does it function like a regular voice mail system with auto-attendant? This is a great idea from Panasonic!

Thanks.

This thread has gone whacko. When I open it up it spreads across the screen and I can't see all of without scrolling. Strange.

you should give a legit panasonic dealer a
call have him do a demo for you with the tda 50
and the tva 50 you can have up to 24 direct station select/busy lamp field buttons and a 12 button add on moduleif thats not enough with out having to press the intercom button.a true voicemail/auto attendant system. much better loging of caller id . you are not going to like the 824 if you are looking for high end features
and abilities!!!!!

The BV is cheap basic Voice mail auto attend.
You wont be happy with it.

he will have a problem with any thing that is installed!

OP Offline
Originally posted by kxtda:
you should give a legit panasonic dealer a
call have him do a demo for you with the tda 50
and the tva 50 you can have up to 24 direct station select/busy lamp field buttons and a 12 button add on moduleif thats not enough with out having to press the intercom button.a true voicemail/auto attendant system. much better loging of caller id . you are not going to like the 824 if you are looking for high end features
and abilities!!!!!
Do you mind if I ask you what I'm not going to like about the 824?

Why can't they make the 824 able to call a room directly by pressing the DSS button? Why do you need to press intercom first? Is it because its an analog phone or is it because of poor design?

What type of problems am I going to run into by having an analog phone instead of a digital phone?

Why do you think the Built-in voicemail is not very good? What type of limitations or faults is it going to have?

Thanks.

you are asking me why you have to push intercom first you may consider calling the engineers
that developed the analog system good luck
personally hitting intercom plus a dss button
is not a problem for me I have this system in my
house and I am a digtal dealer

if you can live with a basic auto attendant
and an hour total of messaging(including the
outgoing messages and auto attendant recordings) and no barge in capability than you'll be ok

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, justbill, Toner), 113 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024