Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Admin
Admin
Ahh yes. Sad but true. When they did the engineering bldg we put a 900 pr cable from whatever building that is to the two buildings across the street. I subbed it for my friend for what seemed like a good price. It was supposed to be done by March 31 and there were penalties for not finishing on time. They forgot to tell me that there were no penalties and it was my bad luck if the building was late. IIRC I finished on 7/3. The architect specified Krone blocks and those cables ended up being reterminated before I was even out of the building.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Okay, I thought this was a more recent job.
I am guessing the cable ran across the street to the computer center? That makes sense to me...but the campus has changed so much over the years.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
It's true; only ten colors, no matter how many thousands of pairs that exist in the cable:

Base colors (Tip):

White
Red
Black
Yellow
Violet

Secondary colors (Ring):

Blue
Orange
Green
Brown
Slate

Pair one= White/Blue
Pair ten= Red/Slate
Pair thirteen= Black/Green
Pair nineteen= Yellow/Brown
Pair twenty-two= Violet/Orange

Over 25 pairs results in binders that follow this same color code until 600 pairs are reached. Each group of 25 pairs is wrapped with a spiral tape identifying that group of 25 pairs in the cable. The first group of 25 pairs has a white/blue binder, the next has a white/orange binder, etc. If you have to ask beyond this pair count, you might already be in over your head.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Admin
Admin
The most fun is dealing with the ICY PIC the vaseline like crap in the cable. Forget the pairs, you gotta keep them long so you get a better chance of being exposed to the stuff. It took me about 5 years to figure out why it's called ICY PIK (the cable is designated ICPCI).

Well, I still have a 1/2 bottle of HydraSol.

Originally posted by 110:
GC says "at this point I dont care for the phone company."
If I understand this correctly you are quoting the general contractor has negative feelings toward what is probably Bellsouth a.k.a at&t.

Why would the GC be irritated at them. It was under his supervision that property belonging to at&t was damaged.

I think at&t would be well within there rights to charge a premium for the repairs and the GC should end up with the invoice on his desk.

110, I understand your position in this but I must add a caution. Doing your best to help could end up involving you in the original error. Cover your butt in any actions you take.

When we meet someday, lunch is on you! laugh

Just had a situation like this for a chain restaurant...csr wanted a line tagged after renovation. Well the contractor destroyed the demark. completely removed it and cut the Telco wiring. The customer had to place a new order for service to be reinstalled and will be charged a premium for removing the demark with out permission....Now If they would have called first and placed the order, Telco would have made the move and no fines would have been charged to the customer...plus the lines would have been up and working (well at least the demark would be installed)instead of a three week delay for the new order to be worked. I am sure the GC contacted the gas and electric company prior to moving their incoming service so why not the Telco. 110 Personally I would walk away from it. You did not make the error so why be associted with it.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Ed, it's the same as other 25 pair cables smile

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally posted by jeffmoss26:
Ed, it's the same as other 25 pair cables smile
except they are solid colors so you have 5 blues and without finding the pair twist or toning from the other end you have no idea weather that blue pairs with black ,red,violet, yellow or white .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Ok, lets get back on topic here guys!

My greenlee volt detector only picks up 50vac minimum? Do you have a link to a telco standard for 50 pair color code?

Your profile says "Telecommunications". You certainly sound like a sparkie to me. You are in over your head with this. The telco should be handling this and if the GC doesn't like it tough. Yes there can be liability here if equipment is damaged or lightning or power cross causes a fire. You were a person who had a hand in this mess and I wouldn't want to be in that position.

Do yourself a favor and leave the telephone stuff to those who know what they are doing.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
that's no fun!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024