web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
The company that installed this monster into our office is incompetent at teaching us how to use it.

I've downloaded the manuals from Panasonic... and I just can't get through the terminology. I just don't understand the hierarchy.

The manual opens up with talking about personal mailboxes first. Then near the end, it talks about Messanger Manager Mailboxes.

I dunnot what that means. All I need to do is to record an after-hours main greeting people that people will hear so that they can leave a message after the beep.

I completely understand personal mailboxes and all that jazz. I have no clue where the main mailbox is in this system at all.

I guess I'm supposed to fill this out to get a simple answer?
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Please start by completing your profile. :read:
If your not happy with the installing company then I would get another.
What you really need is on site training.
You also did not say what system this TVS 50 is integrated to.
What your looking for is not the "main mailbox" but the auto attendant greetings. Either company or custom, depending on how it's set up.
Even if you do record a night greeting it won't do any good if it's not assigned properly.
Again, if your not happy with the selling/installing dealer find another one and get some training.
MrG

OP Offline

KX-T7633 /TVS50

??? Is that not clear enough?

Ctrl + F through the TVS50 Manual.pdf for the phrase "auto attendant greeting" shows no results.

Ctrl + F through the TVS50 Manual.pdf for the phrase "attendant greeting" shows no results.

Is there such a thing?

Gem:is Right
the hardest part of helping someone on a forum is trying to tell what type of setup the customer has.for example
1. when a call arrives (is there a menu?)this would say somthing like
1..thank you for calling novacomms.
2..if you know the extenstion you require please dial it now.
alternativly please dial 1 . for sales ..2 for service. 3. for accounts

if the above applies to your company then this is called a custom message..
the first part above ..1.. is the company greeting ( this always remains the same (night and day mode)
the next part ..2..is the menu or custom menu as it is called..this is the part that changes in night /day mode
how this works is in day mode the call inbound is routed to the v/mail from there it is answered and the company greeting is played the v/mail then plays custom message 1 in day mode and custom message 2 for night mode (there can be up to 60 custom messages recorded) all playing different messages for different occations dependent on your setup.an easy way to check is dial your v/mail system type (your password if set)type #6*998 (yep you guested it this is the Message Manager Mailbox used to set up or change settings of the voicemail system)not used to take messages normaly unless its is setup badly)..(back to it)..while lisinging to the message type 5 for mailbox managment then type 4 for custom service dial 1 or 2 for custom menu 1 or 2... listen to the message see if this is recorded or not.........

system managers mail (999) is used to resetup or add new mailboxes to the system this is not normaly used to take or give messages but both should be chked when first setup (for a while to make sure messages are not getting lost in the 2 mailboxes to access dial v/mail at greeting type #6*998 it should say you have 0 new messages and #6*999 it should say you have 0 new messages.

if you need more info just ask ..but also give us more info on what a caller heres when they call in

peter doyle

OP Offline
Ahhh.. thank you for the breakdown of proper format.

Here's what we got so far.

"Thank you for calling VoiceOver LA. Our messaging service is currently down, please call us again tomorrow." But there is no beep... perhaps the customer has to punch in an extension?

To change this message, I press this on the phone:
Intercom #g *998 <password> 5 4 1

Then I change the recording. According to the company that installed this and the direction sheet they gave me, it's called *TO RECORD THE MAIN GREETING* (yes, in caps frown ) This specific "slot" is labeled "Day/Main Greeting"

We want them to here. "Thanks for calling blah blah blah we aren't here. Leave a message and we will get back to you."

We don't have enough employees for serious routing menus, and we will most likely manage messages at the day's start and forward them to the proper mailbox.

I hope this helps....

KX-T7633 TVS50
??? Is that not clear enough?

No, it's not.
That's just the model of the phone.
What's the actual system model?
MrG

OP Offline
KX-TDA50/TVS50 I apologize frown

True, very true. In pursuit of an answer you may have to pose the question properly.

What you want is for this to be a giant answering machine. This is a simple setup. What happened is more likely like this: Maybe you did not want to take the time to sit down with the installer and explain what you wanted, (which is not much). Not to be derogatory, if thats all you need, thats what you need.
Call them back and have them DIL all line to EXt 101 on NITE Service and fwd that ext to the voice mail.
All calls will then be answered as you wish, simply record your company greeting as the NO answer greeting in mailbox 101. Nite service can be set on a timer so that you don't forget to turn it on if you desire. All phones can be given a message indicator so that messages can be picked up from any phone.
What you want can be set up in several ways, the above being one.

:toast: :toast:

:toast: :toast: argue argue

the above answer says it all

i can but assume the installer didnt understand what you require.the required setup is easy and you shouldnt be having any prpoblems with it have someone in your company write down exactly what you want to happen and the messages you require weather or not you want the incomming caller to have the option to continue to hold or go stright to your message
the more info you give to the installer the closer he get you to what you want

the info you gave included ( KX-T7633 TVS50 )
the kx-t 7633 is the handset you are using somewhare on your site you will find the main phone system this this is important it may be a kxtd 12-32 or kxtd 8-16 or kxta 6-24 you will need to find this out when you require help call your installer to sort your v/mail

peter

thats the way I'dd do it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,135 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, James D.), 161 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024