Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

I am setting up an 824/TVA50 system.

An extension entered from a Custom Service Menu (either manually input or selected from a "Tfr to Extn" key assignment) gets answered by the VPS on both busy or no answer. However, if a person answers the call and then transfers it to the extension it does not get answered by the VPS. Eventually it gets recalled to the extension that transferred it.

What am I missing here?

TIA

David

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Is the extension forwarded to the vps?

It could be the vps is controlling the call coming in from the custom service but the system controls the transfered call fron the other extension

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
yes all exts must be forward busy / no answer to voicemail fdn.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by OBT:
Is the extension forwarded to the vps?
Do you mean that every phone has to have individual call forwarding turned on? It would be rather annoying to have the blinking red light FWD/DND light on all the time. Unless there is some other way...?

BTW, that DOES work; it's just not nice (IMHO).

I never cease to be amazed by people who are "annoyed" by a tiny blinking light. Yes, the phones have to be individually forwarded to the voicemail extension. The voicemail system probably has a supervised transfer in place, so it recognizes where the recalled call comes from and routes it to the mailbox. But a manually transferred call will always recall to the tranferring station if there is no forwarding set to tell the call where else to go.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
We have lost quite a few customers who bought Panasonic systems from my company who simply weren't willing to accept this flashing FWD/DND light (mostly on 123211D and 336 systems). What stinks is that some of them weren't even out of their warranty period. We just couldn't give them a solution for this annoyance and they found one on their own: By replacing the system with another brand that has preset station forwarding to voice mail. Not really too much to ask.

We tried the typical "White-Out" painted on the button, strips of white tape, and we even went so far as to destroy the LED for that button in some cases. For one customer, we disassembled 30 sets, pulled the buton out and spray-painted it white. That worked, but it was really expensive to make the customer happy!

I really like Panasonic systems, in fact I use one in my home. I just don't like the fact that feature change requests from US dealers were not dealt with promptly. I will say that things are dramatically different now, but the damage may have already been done with some of their dealers.

Keep the faith, since Panasonic is much more dealer-focused these days. If there's a problem that you want to report, they will listen a lot more than they used to. Just call a regional sales rep and let them know what you need. You will be surprised at the change that has occurred in the company.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
You could put a voice transfer to voicemail button ( VTR ) and if the calls come back they can press this and then the extension it will send it straight to voice mail of that extension. bit of a pain but no flashing light. or extension intercept to voice mail.

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Thanks for the explanations and ideas.

I did consider covering up the light, but I'd like to option to actually forward (all) calls, and then wouldn't be able to tell the status.

I will look into OBT's idea - I think I can work with that.

I really find it hard to believe they did not
make fwd a solid light on the new ta
and made dnd a flash or the ability to swap
them around.

You could put a voice transfer to voicemail button ( VTR ) and if the calls come back they can press this and then the extension it will send it straight to voice mail of that extension. bit of a pain but no flashing light. or extension intercept to voice mail
it only works if there is always a live attendant in the works...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,345 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ashley), 148 guests, and 394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024