web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
One of our customers is using the panasonic KX-TES824 pbx system. We have provided them with a Home Delivery Software solution. As a part of the fucntionality of this software, it is suppose to pick up the caller id from the pbx as soon as a call comes in. I have checked out the with the local dealer and panasonic uk, but no body has answered this questioned. We are not sure where is this information stored in the pbx and how to access it? Do we require a special caller id card? Or by listening to a specific port this can be achieved. Any help would be really appreciated.

regards,
farhan.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
You have to have a caller Id card installed in the system. one card per 3 lines, and then you programme what extensions and lines have caller id set up on them.

Is this software like call logging software if so it should be set up on com port

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Admin
Admin
I think you need a different system. The TA-824 is not that feature rich. The TAW and the TDA's and the old TD's have a feature that splashes the CID down the serial port or network with hardware as soon as the call rings. The TA-308/824 doesn't have that option (but the TA-1232's did), the TD has 990 table options, and the TAW and TDA have SMDR options to turn on those features.

Carl

OP Offline
Dear OBT: thanks for the info. The PBX already came with a built in caller id card. Do I have to buy another one?

Dear Carl:The PBX has already been bought a month ago and has been in use since. If I had the liberty of choosing the PBX system, I would have gone for MITEL, Nortel or Avaya.

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
The KXTES 824 does not normaly come with caller id card! Can you get caller id on the telephones?

You have to turn on print smdr with cid prog 906
and to print before call is answered in prog 907

Whats the name of the software that you got.

Admin
Admin
Wow! Thanks OBT for the tip. I saw the 906-909 check boxes, but it was so different from the TAW I didn't pick up that it was the SMDR print before answering until you mentioned where to look and I used the help feature.

I feel much better about the 824.

So farhan, just go into the console, press Ctrl-F go to 906 and choose with CID and check the box below and you should see CID when the phone rings.

Carl

OP Offline
Thank you guys for all the help. The panasonic system, under discussion, does give you caller id on your PC, but only after the call is hung up. For getting live call data, we need to use a software from Panasonic. My software programmer has contacted Panasonic (through emails), but no response at all. So we have decided to drop the idea of taking this forward and instead, use TAPI compliant fax modems. Any idea what is a recommended model?

Admin
Admin
What happened when you turned 906 and 907 on? What does it say?

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
I have the call ringing in and can get smdr print out on receving call before answer, on windows terminal

OP Offline
Carl: No i didnt turn it on. The PBX is not administrated by me. And the administrator is pretty hard to talk to. So we have dropped the idea of using the pbx system completely (for now).
OBT how do you do that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,762
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,437 Shoretel
188,294 CTX100 install
187,075 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 61 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024