web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sues Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm looking for feedback on how well the multi-cell wireless works.
Are there any problems with the handoff from cell stations?
Is there any differance between the 7680 and 7690 phones besides style?
Which one has better reception, range and sound quality?
This is going into a home to replace an Avaya Partner because the owner(the CEO of the company I work for) wants mostly wireless phones. The only wireless phones that work in this large estate are the EnGenious long range phones and they are to ugly for the decor.
I really need this to work well.
HELP, I love my job!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The cell sites can work really well if they are positioned in the right places, hopefully your boss has his house wired up pretty good.

I've heard that the 7690 has a little better coverage than the 7680 but that was only from one customer. And I don't think you'll get complaints about bad handoffs.

But I hope you know that the 848 can only hold up to 4 cell sites so if this is a really big property you might have to install a tda50 (up to 8 cell sites) or the tda100 (16?). But the TDA's can only be installed by panasonic certified techs. ie:Me

Aaron
7690 is too small. Kids love it and for tech junkies it has great Cool factor,
but normal adults will like the 7680 better.
Louder volume from earpiece and better speaker phone
for Handsfree calls or Auto Answer intercom.
You can stand a 7680 on it,s end on a table by the Pool and hear the Speaker on Auto Answer as long as it not too crazy loud, the 7690 would be weak here.

sues Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info. House isn't to large, around 10,000 sq ft.(2 stories) and well wired. I was hoping to get away with 1-2 cell stations on 1st floor and 1 on second floor. They only want 2 phones upstairs which is kids (and Nanny) quarters and 7 phones downstairs.
Also meant to ask about interference from wireless data access points. I noticed the cell stations use same frequency, is that a problem?
I'm trying to keep the cost down so there's money left over for my bonus.

Admin
Admin
Only if you put them on the same channel(s). I picture a two story 60x80 structure and it's fairly hard to see that many WAP's in the place.
I think your 3 cell sites will be fine if you center the upstairs one and hang the two first floor ones about 50 feet away from the 2nd floor box, but however much outside territory you want to cover and your site survey will pretty much tell you where to place them. Of course, you could always put in a Redfire 1000 with a 15dB Omni antenna and not have to worry about all of those nasty WAP's but that would tend to REALLY shrink your bonus.

Carl

Carl, can you tell me more about this Redfire 1000?

Admin
Admin
It's my favorite. https://www.wirelessinteractive.com/pdf/radios/RedFire_specs.pdf

You'll be in the hot spot business with this coupled to a high gain antenna. You can also get a mesh antenna to blanket a pretty large area. We use ours in motels that get retrofitted for WiFi. The unit is pricey, but it still is about the price of 8 rooms on DSLAM's.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (BobRobert, R4+Z, mongo5150), 181 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024