web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#159898 09/10/07 01:54 PM
OP Offline
Here's the story:

I had worked for the same communications company for 5+ years. Last Nov. I was notified that the doors were closing. It was expected as I was the last full time tech. However, the customers that I had previously supported through the above mentioned company still desire quality support. However I cannot get products for the TDA line without a dealer status. I have contacted my local rep, and was told: "you're a one man show, it's not worth my time to work with you. I'm looking for a larger sales team." Unfortunately I've had to resort to e-bay for a few items in the meantime. Have others experienced this same reaction from their reps?

Jason

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#159899 09/10/07 02:03 PM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yep. We have been a certified and authorized dealer for them since 1993. We spent the money for TDA certifications but apparently aren't selling them fast enough. They are extremely picky about who they will sign on as a dealer. I understand the fact that they want to maintain a strong and professional sales force, but sometimes they need to look at the big picture. Sadly, I really don't think that they will be changing their stance anytime soon.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
#159900 09/10/07 02:12 PM
I would try to speak with someone else. That's a pretty piss poor sales rep that would say you're not worth his time. But you also have to think outside the box. If you can't get your dealer certification on your own, find a local established TDA dealer and work out a deal to bring him a substantial increase in his client database. If you have the client contacts you could bring alot to the table. Establish a partnership for a sales percentage and service percentage along with a salary. You can write your ticket if you can deliver.

#159901 09/10/07 05:18 PM
KLD Offline
Jason, you heard the standard song and dance from Panasonic, not just the sales rep for your area. You are far from the first and will be far from the last.

I used to install a lot of Panasonic. Then they came out with the TDA, dropped every thing except the analog SOHO, now you have to be a dealer to support anything except SOHO. I only install the SOHO Panasonic and then only at the customer's request. Panasonic has good equipment but not a very good company business program. Shades of InterTel, now where are they?

Try other brands.....ones that will support you. And being a dealer isn't all it is put up to be. You name the company and I can tell you how they promise the moon and dump you if you don't sell tons. My market doesn't support that so I've been up and down this road with several companies.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tie yourself down to one company. If they cut you or decide to sell out, where will you be? Also, get several suppliers, same reason. Why let someone else control your business?

And Kevin, you just made Jason just another employee, not a business owner, and the only people coming out ahead is Panasonic, just like they want it.

Good luck to you, Jason.

Ken
---------
#159902 09/11/07 06:46 AM
i know i have said this before!! i just dont understand why in the states you must be a dealer and here in ireland my 95 year old granny could buy one over the counter.

peter (www.novacomms.net)

#159903 09/11/07 11:36 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Peter, beats me! You dealers deserve the same support and protection we get in the colonies. Jason, Ken is right on the money! Usually, the manufacturers that get picky like Panasonic get into $$$ trouble. 15 years ago TIE did. Nitsuko bought them out and........ NEC wound up with the remains of Nitsuko. Several other manufacturers are LONNNG gone. Mitel has tried that several times, and had to change course. My guess is Panasonic will see the light in 2-3 years and go back to encouraging small dealers, especially when their large dealers leave for whatever reason, (Management problems, retirement, brand change) and their sales go down, along with developing a bad name for dissolving support. This is a cyclic thing that other long timers can verify. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#159904 09/11/07 12:01 PM
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
Lightninghorse I agree, the small dealer should get as much respect as the big ones,and in Ireland there is mostly small panasonic dealers. but as peter said his granny can buy a system here, but can she install it properly , so there is a fine line between locking it to certifed dealer and anyone selling it. If a dealer is willing to do courses on the product then he should be able to sell it

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
#159905 09/11/07 01:03 PM
OP Offline
If a dealer is willing to do courses on the product then he should be able to sell it

My thoughts exactly, I would dread the thought of the quantity of calls to tech support regarding the analog product line due to uneducated installers.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024