Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#161532 02/26/08 11:03 PM
OP Offline
Hello, i'm new to this forum so please be gentle..... wink
I have a TDA 200 PBX, I need to create a group with tow ext's so that when someone calls one of the two ext's both will ring and I will answer one of the two.
Very basic, I guess, but still im new with this...

TIA :toast:
Arielvista

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You should look at 'ICD Groups' in the documentation.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
OP Offline
I dont have any documentation.
The PBX arrived with technical support that expired. My boss doesnt want to pay for support around 4k$ (this is the annual fee around here, and I still want to do this without having to call and order service (That costs around 100$/hr).
I have the KX-TDA100/200 software and all access codes and passwords.
I also know I should crate a group including the two ext's, and set this group up so it will ring simultaneously.
I just dont know what kind of group (hunting group, user group, call pickup group, ect), and how to set it up correctly.
Can you or anybody else be MUCH more specific about the steps I should complete in order to do the task?

Originally posted by Arielvista:
I also know I should crate a group including the two ext's, and set this group up so it will ring simultaneously.
I just dont know what kind of group (hunting group, user group, call pickup group, ect), and how to set it up correctly.
Can you or anybody else be MUCH more specific about the steps I should complete in order to do the task?
As mentioned above, 'ICD Groups'

If you do not know what an 'ICD group' is, then you should be up front with your boss and tell him you are not qualified to do the job.

We restrict what can be displayed in the public forums. Sensitive information such as programming procedures are not permitted on this board.

Richard
OP Offline
First of all, Yes, I AM an IT manager.
I DO manage a windows-based network with around 150 users, I DO maintain around 100 PC's (hardware and software), I DO manage all company' internet connections, Firewall, Routers, I DO manage around 20 printers and print servers, WiFi networks at some of the employees homes, and about a zillion of tasks and responsibilities I forgot to mention.
PBX isn't yet in my specialization list, but I'm working on it.
So, please, don't under-estimate me.

To the point, I went through the PBX's help file and didn't find anything regarding ICD groups.
Either I am looking for the wrong concept (could it be called differently on TDA100/200?) or I don't know what. I know some of the PBX technicians, and they surely don't even get close to my technical capabilities, so I guess it shouldn't be that complicated.

I DO manage a windows-based network with around 150 users, I DO maintain around 100 PC's (hardware and software), I DO manage all company' internet connections, Firewall, Routers, I DO manage around 20 printers and print servers, WiFi networks at some of the employees homes, and about a zillion of tasks and responsibilities I forgot to mention.
Well, this should be a cinch. Although with your credentials, I am uncertain why you are here asking for an answer from us 'dumb ole PBX guys'. READ EACH OF MY ABOVE POSTS AGAIN, the answer is in black and white. Yet you refuse to accept it. That gives me a little insight to just how much common sense you possess.

To the point, I went through the PBX's help file and didn't find anything regarding ICD groups.
Either I am looking for the wrong concept (could it be called differently on TDA100/200?) or I don't know what. I know some of the PBX technicians, and they surely don't even get close to my technical capabilities, so I guess it shouldn't be that complicated.
You see, in order to get the documentation that you need, you need to be a Panasonic dealer. The documentation you have is for the end user. Which is exactly what you are. The only way to get the information you need, is to be certified by Panasonic to install the TDA. The documents are on the Panasonic webite. You just need your dealer I.D and password to access it. Being of great intellect and all, I am sure you understand the term 'Proprietary' . If not, here is a link

BTW Webster, it's "Creating" not "Crating" :thumb:

Richard
Congratulations, You possess a vast array of skills that are common in todays technological environment. I'm conscious of the fact that you will probably be insulted but there is no easy way to put this. You and your talents are a dime a dozen. You have probably been able to achieve success in your field due to an unlimited budget to operate with from your superiors. This is America, money talks BS walks.

Now if you really want to put yourself above all the other CG's we see come and go here accept the challenge of programming two extensions into one ring group without spending a dime.

What I personally recommend is you spend the hundred bucks with your local tech and maybe a few other odds and ends while he is there, since he or she will be done in 10 minutes there will be time left over.

Good Luck and come back real soon, ya' hear!

OP Offline
I guess I'm waisting my time here.
Professional forums I know (most of them are in Hebrew, so I won't even bother to link you guys there) are welcoming newbies, and in many many cases people DO give step-by-step guidance to newbies that ask for help.
I would expect for an answer like this:
Create a ***** group, mark the ***** checkbox, select the ext's you need .
it's that easy.
What does property got to do with it?
I guess that your forum is a much more noble and arrogant one, so guiding newbies is under your honor.

Thanks a lot.

OP Offline
Originally posted by rich30529:
BTW Webster, it's "Creating" not "Crating" :thumb: [/QB]

OP Offline
Sorry, typing mistake, sorry, sorry, sorry.
Oh, just thought of it now, could this be the reason you oppose so decisively to help out????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,941 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024