web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a Panasonic KX-TD1232 single cabinet with an TVS200 Automated attendant. If someone calls in and then hangs up immmediately, the line will stay lit (open, busy) for another 30 seconds to a minute instead of realizing that the caller has hung up. The phone company says the automated attendant continues to play after they hang up, how they can tell this I don't know. Is there a setting somewhere I need to adjust?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yes, they can see that the auto attendant is keeping the line seized because it is not being told to disconnect. It has no way of knowing that the calling party has disconnected unless it is told to do so though loop supervision.

Test it like this: Pick up on line 1, wait about five seconds, then place it on hold. If it stays on hold forever, then the telco is not sending you a disconnect signal. If it drops off hold after about 30 seconds, then they actually are sending the disconnect signal and there is a problem with system programming. If this just started happening out of the blue, I assure you that it has nothing to do with programming.

We have beaten this subject to death around here over the past few years. Use the search function of this forum and read the posts regarding loop supervision.

Has the local service provider been changed recently? If so, there's your sign.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
you can monitor what is going on by putting a butt set or equilelent on the line ahead of the phone system , then simulate a call .
the program closest to this is # 405 CPC signal detection incomming set

OP Offline
Guys,

I tried picking up line 1 and placing it on hold (without dialing anything, just hit hold when I got the dial tone) and it did disconnect after a few seconds. The local service provider has changed recently. The funny thing is I had this problem with last service provider (among many others) and they said they changed some settings in their switch and it worked ok. Our Fax is doing the same thing and appears busy, when the fax should just go into memory, which isn't going through the phone system and only does it on the local number. If someone does a fax over the 800 number, it works fine. I've tried messing around with the #405 CPC, and it didn't seem to make a difference as to which setting I had it on. By the way we have a different carrier for our 800 numbers because our local service provider can legally carry these yet (hopefully this fall). This leads me to believe it has to be something with the local service provider. This is a new cable switch which comes in as voip and then breaks out into analog to go to our phone system. Any ideas?

One idea for sure: Stay away from VoIP for your fax line; you will be plagued with problems forever. VoIP and analog data (fax or modem) do not work well together.

Your fax can't be busy and receive a second call into memory. If the line is busy, it's just that: Busy. It is impossible for a subsequent call to arrive over a busy line. No service provider can offer this capability and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The 405 obviously has nothing to do with the fax line, but I do find it a bit odd that calls over the LSP misbehave, yet over the 800 number don't. Aren't they both terminating on the same local number for the fax?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Yes, they both terminate to the same number. I've got the fax working correctly now, but the phone system is still acting up. It takes anywhere from 30-35 seconds for the line to release. Are there any settings in the TVS200 auto attendant to check? I've messed with everything in the 415 (Cpc signal detection outgoing set with no luck) Nothing seems to make a difference.

Are you using DPITS integration between the voice mail and the KSU? If so, you shouldn't have to mess with anything in the voice mail. If you are using standard analog integration, that might be your problem. Panasonic voice mails don't disconnect upon a simple hang-up call unless they are told what to listen for.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
How can I tell? I am using the panasonic software to program the phone system from windows, and TVS200 to program the voice system from windows. If I get into the voice mail interface there is a few (113) settings, and one is VM Status DTMF Disconnect. the value is #9, is this correct, and it does have the # sign in front of it.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,806 Shoretel
188,964 CTX100 install
187,201 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024