web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Ed, as Connextions1 said the Samsung 7000 series and the OS 500/100 can do it also. The only problem is this will consume 2 channels on the PRI until the call is ended. We can send up to 10 digits per trunk/channel or on a station by station basis.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
While John has a good idea, I do not think it will work on the Vodavi. The STSe can be programmed to provide the outgoing CLID number on a per station basis. Ed could use an analog port, or he could create a virtual station. These senarios would probably both work if someone called on a POTS line and was connected via the PRI, or if someone called from an internal extension.

If I'm understanding Ed correctly, the problem is when the call comes in and then goes back out of the PRI. The STSe is then creating a trunk-to-trunk transfer via the PRI. At that point, the programming of the STSe becomes irrelavant and the CLEC's default outband number is inserted for the CID information.

The only senario I can see that would work would be if you had four pots lines that you used to send the calls out on. You could put each line in a seperate line group and route accordingly.

-Larry

Ed we have a customer doing just what you are looking for right here in Charlottesville. It's on the Samsung 100 with PRI and the CLEC in this case will allow the digits from us.

The way I've done it on a Toshiba - not sure if its possible on a Vodavi.

DID comes in, system processes access codes for that DID, conference call is established via access code and selects a specific outgoing line group that is programmed with designated outgoing number. It takes some tinkering but it works.

Condition(s): Carrier must allow outbound caller ID

Shawn
Absolute Communications, Inc.
Inter-Tel 5000 V2.2 will allow you to pass either origional CID that was incomming or the CID from the DID. This can be done after ringing a group or groups of phones. Can't help on price I just have to make the boss' ideas work in the field
Randy

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Many thanks to all of you you have posted or called with potential solutions to this problem. I am now posting to provide you with a follow-up and our eventual solution to the problem.

First of all, it should be noted that the STSe is a fairly low-priced system that meets the needs of about 90% of our typical small customer's needs. The needs of this customer were not made evident until AFTER they system had been installed. Had we known what they were expecting, we may have sold them something different.

Anyway, it was determined that the ability to alter the outward dialing digits is a limitation inherent to the STSe on a PRI. The system would allow us to program it to perform the digit manipulation we were seeking, but it would not work.

The customer's operation consists of four different companies or entities, most owned by the same person. Each of these companies had it's own POTS line for their fax. We were able to parallel connect their fax lines to the four on-board loop start CO line ports. We then forced the after-hours forwarding of each company's DID to dial out over their respective fax number. This worked flawlessly.

The customer didn't necessarily need the actual DID number that had been dialed to be displayed as caller ID. They just wanted a way to differentiate between the calls so that they would know how to answer. By having the calls forward via each company's fax number, this problem was solved.

Thanks again to everyone for your input. It looks as if we have this problem resolved. :thumb:

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Innovative thinking in a sticky situation. :thumb:

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Glad you got it sorted out Ed! I guess you're all set until they have an inbound fax at the same time. eek

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
ipofficeguy, every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you, party pooper. smile You're as bad as me, always looking for the down side, and trying to have a plan 'B', I'll bet. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024