web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#167623 11/01/10 11:38 AM
droth Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,
Have a TA824 that is set to DIL from separate COs to 3 office phones and 1 main phone. The 3 office phones have a FWD/BNA to the main line. I would like to add VM only to the main line whether it gets a direct call or a rollover from one of the office phones. What is the best way configuration-wise to implement this? I tried just adding a FWD/BNA to the main line to the VM ex.107, but it won't allow it as it invalidates the other FWD/BNA settings I assume.

Second question, if a call comes-in on the main line and it is going to be transferred to an office phone, is there a way to have it change the CO it is on? Ie. I don't want a call that is going to last 3hrs to block the main line.

Thank you very much.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I think you should get someone in there that knows the equipment ! I am surprised that you get the voicemail to pick at all with that configuration

and no there is no way to swap a call to different
c.o. without centrex /custopac !

You have no conception of how your lines and phone system work. Please READ THE MANUAL!
Then try to explain what you want. You don't even say how many lines you have.
Whatever it is you need a Pro to come by and listen to your needs then implement them.
If worried about lines being tied up you need rollover or more lines.

droth Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, okay, I was trying to keep it short and sweet. From the top.

5 incoming, standard POTS COs to the TA824. Each CO is mapped to 5 separate phones -- 4 are PTs, 1 is an SLT.

Forwarding currently setup as follows:
CO1 - Jack 1 - main line, has a PT and an SLT.
CO2 - J2 - PT - FWD/BNA to ex101
CO3 - J3 - PT - FWD/BNA to ex101
CO4 - J4 - PT - FWD/BNA to ex101
CO5 - J5 - SLT - Cancel

Have had the TVA50 connected, but not in use since inception. It is configured with 1 mailbox and connected using the standard port configuration.

What I would like to do is have the main line have a VM box. Internally the mailbox works, but I need to configure call routing so that when no one picks-up the main line (whether from a direct call from the outside CO or from a FWD/BNA) it goes to the VM bow.

Is this possible with the TVA50? If so, what change in configuration is needed to accomplish this?

Having read the TVA50 manual, it seems like it can handle the call routing and I assume that I should just change the FWD/BNA from J2-J4 to it (ex107) and then have it handle the ringing of the main line and if not picked up, go to VM. Is that the most proper configuration given my setup?

Thank you.

--Removing second question from original post.

B I think he is trying to dump every one in to Mailbox 101

droth in your case would it not be easier to just hang an answering machine off x 101?You have reduced the tva to bare bones .

if it were me i'dd set a custom menu up on a ring no answer that is recorded in silence that dumps you into mailbox 101

so recap do not create mailboxes for jack 02-5
set fwd b/na to 107 hits special custom greeting during the day dumps you on a no dtmf response to mbx 101

droth Offline OP
OP Offline
Almost, yes.
I would like CO2-4, Jacks 2-4, to first rollover to the main line, and then FWD/BNA to a mailbox if no one picks up. If I set it up to FWD to 107 with a custom greeting, then it doesn't hit the main line first for 15s? Ie. Someone may be available to pickup the main line, but not in the offices. If that is true, then I would want it to ring for them and not go straight to mbx 101. If it isn't true, then it would go to mbx 101 after 15s (FWD/BNA).

Thank you.

you are looking for the caddy features and you bought the 2 wheel drive pickup truck !

Makes no sense to me.
OK, im a caller calling your business main number,
What do you want to happen?
What do you want to happen to the second caller etc.
Step by step.

Admin
Admin
Originally posted by droth:
Almost, yes.
I would like CO2-4, Jacks 2-4, to first rollover to the main line, and then FWD/BNA to a mailbox if no one picks up. If I set it up to FWD to 107 with a custom greeting, then it doesn't hit the main line first for 15s? Ie. Someone may be available to pickup the main line, but not in the offices. If that is true, then I would want it to ring for them and not go straight to mbx 101. If it isn't true, then it would go to mbx 101 after 15s (FWD/BNA).

Thank you.
Here's the concept. Why would you want to "rollover" (Dogs rollover, phone lines hunt) to the "main line?" The purpose of a TA-824 is that the "main phone" is already programmed to ring on the 2nd-4th call. If it's not answered, it already goes to a "main mailbox" and that can be recorded via the TVA into VM Box 101. You paid money to make the lines hunt from the prime line, why would you pay to have it hunt back to the prime line?

Now, if for some odd reason you're really trying to bring single lines into a common answering point, like an answering service, why wouldn't you play a personal message at each extension "line 2,3,and 4) answer it there with a greeting and use the "for immediate service please press zero" to let the caller either leave a message to the extension or be transferred to the operator? Now your "101" logic kicks in on busy/no answer and the message is left in the operator's mailbox.

Just a thought.

Carl

This is the same guy that wanted the voicemail to slam the hook on callers it's lunacy ....

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024