web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay I just installed a new TDE-100 system and I forgot where this option is. Right now when the phone is picked up, its in intercom mode. I want to change this so it picks up a CO right away... i forgot where in the vast programming menu this is... anybody recall???

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
PROGRAM 19x where x=0 for none, 1 for idle CO, 2 plus GCO or number for group, or 3 (+ext) for intercom.

It's part of Extension customization in the OM.

Carl

You can set this in the Console and copy/paste to all if needed.

If using PDN keys, there is no Intercom button.
If Idle pref is set- go off hook , either by speaker key or pick handset, PDN button lights with outside line. Push PDN button first, it is in intercom mode.

Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
I dont thikn you guys are following me... within the programming software, where is this option.

All we want is so that when they pickup the handset, it picks up a CO instead of going into INTERCOM mode by default... i just forgot where in programming it is. Not sure what your talking about brokeda about console and copy/pasta and PDN keys... there is an intercom button on the phones, it says "INTERCOM"...

Carl thanks for the help, any idea whee that is in the software, as im doing this remotely for the client.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Must be something like "Prime Line" setting if it's like Nortel

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
In the programming software go to 4.1.1. That is extension, wired extension and then extension settings.

From there go to the tab at the top labeled "Option 2." You will see one column labeled pickup dial set and another column labeled pickup dial number. Easiest way to do this is put the pickup dial number to 9 and then make sure to set the pickup dial set column to on.

4.1.1 Option 4 Outgoing Preferred Line change from ICM/PDN to IDLE

WRONG Pickup dial pertains to single line sets
Its is 4.1.1 you got that part right but its tab /option 4 and its the fourth column titled "Outgoing Preferred Line" Change all exts that apply from ICM/PDN to Idle !! And that is the same as doing a program 19 from your own set like Carl said!!

I don't know what is so hard about this.
Most customers want this and if so I set all digital ext for Idle line preference.
I use the console because it's faster than walking around to each extension.
PDN is what Pan calls a Multi-use intercom Button , like a Norstar DN Button.

I don't know why it doesn't come out of the box that way just think about how many calls you make a day as opposed to how many intercom calls you make.

Admin
Admin
Because it's more annoying to have to press the INTERCOM to do something simple as page or call internally that it is to dial "9" or press a CO button to make an outsdie call.

When I press SP PHONE, I want to hear INTERCOM dial tone.

Carl

hi Carl!

Well on the TDA, if using PDN buttons, you can receive multiple ICM calls and for outside calls just press Speaker or lift handset, for ICM press the PDN before you go off hook.

Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow... ya know I come on here because some people like to help. But listen, if you are only responding to give your two cents and NOT help.. do me a favor, go read someone elses thread.

To those who have helped me by pointing me in the right spot in programming, thanks. I did it once but forgot exactly where because theres so many menus.

And to those who go "why would yuo wanna do this" honestly, WRONG attitude, the phone system can do a LOT and sometimes people forget where things are, so who are YOU to QUESTION why someone would want to do something or not.

But thanks to those who DID help, its why i come here.. could do without the others who just chime in like its a damn talk show... but thanks again for the help.

Don't get your panties in a wad!!!
I have seen people turn on PDN because they wanted multiple ICM paths and cover Keys like a norstar and then were confused by the ICM button not functioning, so I just threw in a few tidbits about that.
:db: :db: :db: :db: :db: :db:

Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Dalavar:
4.1.1 Option 4 Outgoing Preferred Line change from ICM/PDN to IDLE
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for.

Originally posted by Adam D:
Wow... ya know I come on here because some people like to help. But listen, if you are only responding to give your two cents and NOT help.. do me a favor, go read someone elses thread.

To those who have helped me by pointing me in the right spot in programming, thanks. I did it once but forgot exactly where because theres so many menus.

And to those who go "why would yuo wanna do this" honestly, WRONG attitude, the phone system can do a LOT and sometimes people forget where things are, so who are YOU to QUESTION why someone would want to do something or not.

But thanks to those who DID help, its why i come here.. could do without the others who just chime in like its a damn talk show... but thanks again for the help.
Definitely an odd approach to coming and asking for help.

-Ken in MD-
www.kyawacomm.com
Yes I could see a huge frustration for the customer if he thinks we are first tier tech support!

Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
Customers not upset, I am. Some of you helped me but a few of you decided to come in here and say "well why do it that way, you should do it this way" and didnt answer my questions, they got into a talk about other things

The funny thing is if are a legit certified dealer and you sat through the advanced training were you bring your gear and a laptop to NJ or Brooklyn you would not be asking so many questions.I am wondering how you passed the test ????

Originally posted by kxtvet:
The funny thing is if are a legit certified dealer and you sat through the advanced training were you bring your gear and a laptop to NJ or Brooklyn you would not be asking so many questions.I am wondering how you passed the test ????
Play nice now Shawn :rofl:

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
When we have a level playing field I.E that some distributer that has an in house tech and is reg-ing the systems and shipping the
gear with software to program it with to non certified I.T. Managers i'll play fair!!!!!!

Originally posted by kxtvet:
When we have a level playing field I.E that some distributer that has an in house tech and is reg-ing the systems and shipping the
gear with software to program it with to non certified I.T. Managers i'll play fair!!!!!!
Guess you won't be playing fair for a while...

https://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-KX-T..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf16950a8

Aaron
Yeah that auction is Com-Vox dealer out of Jacksonville Fla. that runs the WWW dot wesellpanasonic dot com web site They'll most likely lose there dealership for putting that on auction and for posting pricing as well if you read the fine print they ship the gear un-registered so you buy it and then you are SOL with a giant boat anchor Caveat Emptor hmm maybe i'll send that link to my rep!!

They've been doing it for a while, i mentioned it but got no where. Let's all send that link to our reps!

Aaron
yes I will its going to be TD deja vu

Hey the official word is they can sell it on ebay they can reg the unit before it gets shipped and as long as they don't show p pricing they can have pricing on their website they can do that too ....!!
I don't think servicing what you sell is as important as the quarterly sales on the bar graphs!

Adam D Offline OP
OP Offline
So you know EVERYTHING there is to know about panasonic because you passed a test? You NEVER have questions about where in the software something is? I don't install these that often, as its not our main business, but we do sell them. So i forget where things are sometimes in the software. Its not a big deal that i come on here maybe twice a year to ask a question. The last time i came on here was last year over the summer, to ask about software to read reports from... and now here to ask about picking up a CO automatically and automatically dialing a prefix.. two things i forgot where they were... no need to bite my head off and what not. Someone answered and helped me out then some decided to just go off topic... if you got a bug up yer ass, go elsewhere and get it removed, no room here for that kinda attitude pal

I am not you buddy or your pal and I don't ask questions on the software I read the books and help files why don't you stick with what you know which isn't much.

Admin
Admin
Ouch. Excuse me, but flame wars are across the net at the other board. Agree to disagree and let's put this one to bed.

Carl

I think this topic has run it's course. If y'all want to duke it out do so in private.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 101 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024