web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
papsp Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a KX-T61610 back at home. Recently I had the doorphone option (KX-T30865) installed.

I have installed only 1 doorphone. The distance between the doorphone and the 61610 is 180 ft approx, and the wiring is 26 awg.

I've programmed the 61610 so that every station is allowed to communicate with the doorphone.

Everything works fine, BUT one annoying detail: When the button is pressed on the doorphone, all stations ring as expected, I pickup the phone in any one of them, and I hear and talk with no problems.

But, when I hangup, right away the whole system rings again, as if someone had pressed the button again, but that's not the case.

I went so far as to get another doorphone unit, to no avail.

Does someone have a clue about this issue ? I'm an engineer with a lot experience with Pet Scan equipment, but I'm clueless here.

Thank you all guys in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

26 guage. 180 feet. Can you double up your pairs? 2 wires connected together to increase your wire gauge? Is it twisted pair cable between the controller and the door box?

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
papsp Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for your prompt reply. You see, in order to discard any wiring malfunction, I´ve run a test connecting the doorphone unit to the T61610 with only 4 feet of cable.

The behaviour remained the same. I'm using a multpair cable,and as I had some pair free, I've just connected 2 more pairs. And the problem persists.

Thank you for your help.

Ahhh...Make sure that you are connected properly to the controller. Pins 3-4 (center 2 pins)for doorbox 1. The KXT 30860 is capable of supporting 2 doorboxes. Try the other input. pins 2-5 of the modular connector on the controller. Also try a reset on the KSU. Let us know if that helps. After surviving Lymphoma I am familiar with a PET scanner as well.

Hodgkin's Lymphoma Survivor! Took a step 20 years back in time. Managing the VHF radio network for the Florida Forest Service. Caloosahatchee District 17.
you mean dp1=4&5 dp2=2=3&6

papsp Offline OP
OP Offline
@Alvaphonepro: Thanks for the hints ! I´m going to try and use the doorphone #2 input. And so far I haven't the KSU resetted, going to try that.

As soon as I've done those, will let you know !

Now, thankfully my experience with the pet scanners lies on the pcb side of the counter. I'd rather inspect the unit than have it inspecting myself !

Defeating Hodgkin's is by no means a small feat ! These are the kind of imagery that scares the hell out of me ! Congratulations and please, hope you stay very far away from the scanners !

you mean dp1=4&5 dp2=2=3&6 Yeah...That's what I meant.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
If you added the doorphone module, rather than just connecting it, you 'may' have to default and reprogram the cabinet! frown (Been there, done that)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
papsp Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there !

Well, problem is solved. Resetting the KSU didn't change anything, so I connected the doorphone to the #2 input and it did the trick !

It seems I've got a problem with #1, be it on the adapter or even in the KSU.

Thank you very much for your help & replies!!

Again, thank you !

I would guess that you have a bad controller. Lightning perhaps..

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024