Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#169853 11/23/11 03:17 AM
OP Offline
I have a TVA50 on a TDA50 that is apparently being hacked into. I've been to the customers location twice and have found nothing. Both admin boxes already had a non-default password on them, I changed them anyway. Only three other mailboxes on the whole system and only one of them didn't have a password, ext.102, but there were no notify, forward, transfer settings turned on in that mailbox and it now has a password. Other two mailboxes don't have a simple password. Checked the call accounting reports in the TVA50 and they show no outdialing at all. Not sure what else to check here. Is there some way to hide a hack on the system?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

is there a modem on either the tda or tva look at ext call forwarding to co and look closely at custom dialing menu!

OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
make sure the vm ports are barred and no mailbox has external fwd through mailbox allowed.
they come in and remove fwd's before opening hours

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
OP Offline
Didn't install the system so I don't know if there is a modem or not, I'll have to check next time I'm there. Definitely no external modem. They do use external call fwd on the phone system for x103 as he likes to keep his office phone forwarded to his cell at all times.

kxtvet, do you mean custom service menu? Not familiar with a custom dialing menu.

VM ports are barred from dialing long distance or 1010XXX. May have to set up smdr to help track this. Or set up night mode so that all ports are set to TRL of 7 to block all outside calls after hours.

Thanks for the replies guys!

custom service menu, custom dialing menu same same!

OP Offline
Haha, was just making sure. The TVA has so many little hidden programming areas that are easy to miss.

yes thats why you are possibly getting sniped they are nooks and crannies if you are not aware!

OP Offline
Finally figured out what was happening. You are able to dial 801 from the auto/att and get a dial tone. What would allow a transfer to a trunk group access code of 801? The voicemail acts like it's an extension number and just transfers right to it. I was able to defeat it by removing the feature code, but I'm now wondering if all my Panasonics are capable of this. If transfer to CO is active in COS, is this what you get? I'm going to have to check a whole bunch of systems we have.

Admin
Admin
The answer is yes, TVA's let you dial any 3 digits and blindly transfer to those numbers.
You need to fix your COS to put VM ports into line restriction modes to prevent that from happening.

Carl...I learned the hard way by being off by one port :-)

OP Offline
Well, customer called and they somehow got in again. Trying to figure out what they are dialing to do this is a real pain.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,318 CTX100 install
187,091 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024